Vancouver Island Cachers - Help

SkydiverBC

I am trying to create a website that will list waypoints of interest on Vancouver Island.

For example, I have listed the Mt. Cain ski area co-ordinates for the highway exit, parking area, and top T-Bar lift. I also have a few of the BC Ferry slips listed. What I am looking for is some help. Do you have waypoints or co-ordinates for interesting or usefull places on Vancouver Island? Please send them to me and I will post them on my website. (I'm new at webpages so dont expect anything fancy). If anyone is travelling they can look and see if the place there headed to is listed on my website and use the info to know exactly where they are headed!

Anyway - Have a look and email me if you want to contribute! (I will post your name next to your contribution) PLEASE SEND IN UTM FORMAT - THANKS

SkydiverBC's Geocaching Homepage

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

I figured it would be handy to have the co-ordinates for places of interest on Vancouver Island so you would know how far away you were and/or help find the right location. To date I have not recieved a single waypoint to add to my website. I guess this idea is a bust. On to the next idea..... icon_biggrin.gif

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

quote:
Originally posted by SkydiverBC:

I figured it would be handy to have the co-ordinates for places of interest on Vancouver Island so you would know how far away you were and/or help find the right location. To date I have not recieved a single waypoint to add to my http://www3.telus.net/geocaching. I guess this idea is a bust. On to the next idea.....

Actually Skydiver its a good idea. However you may want to consider a couple of things. One you probably should consider posting the coords in good old lat/long format like most of us cachers are used to and secondly maybe have contributors send you the waypoints in EasyGPS .loc format and then make the same available from your website. Most of us use EasyGPS and prefer it over manually entering each individual waypoint.

I'm not up on designing websites myself but I'm sure that making files downloadable from a site is fairly straight forward. Or maybe it isn't???

Good Luck, Olar

"You are only young once but you can stay immature forever"