GPS Units

Guest Shadow Man 57

Guest Shadow Man 57

I am looking for a GPS Unit. I was at the Geochaching.com site and followed there link to Amazon.com. Unfortunatley they do not send GPS Units outside of the U.S. of A.

Does anyone know of a site on line to get one that delivers in Canada?

Or of a Place to pick one up near Hamilton Ontario?

Shadow Man 57

shdow@simcom.on.ca

Guest 300mag

You can also try at www.lebaron.ca they have a good selection and good prices.They have stores in Markham,Mississauga,Ottawa and Montreal but mail order too. You can also mail order from cabelas this is in US but they ship everywhere.www.cabelas.com They also have great and unique outdoor stuff.But if you can findone of these web stores i think they usually have better prices.

[This message has been edited by 300mag (edited 03-17-2001).]

I just recently picked up a GPS unit so I could go geocaching without having to drag my friend along :-) While I was shopping, I found GPS units for sale in the following places in and near Brampton, Ontario:

Canadian Tire

Radio Shack

Mountain Equipment Coop (They offer mail order service)

RadioWorld (www.radioworld.ca)

Also keep an eye on used equipment places like Cash Converters. I ended up getting a used Magellan GPS 2000 XL for about half what I would have paid for a newer unit.

I would really go with GPSCentral http://www.gpscentral.ca/index.htm

They have this disclaimer posted on their site ::

Our Best Total Price Assurance:

Please let us know if any other authorized Canadian GARMIN or Magellan online dealer is advertising lower bottom line prices so that we can offer you the best total deal on identical items after shipping and taxes are taken into account. We make this offer primarily so you can base your decision concerning where to shop on considerations other than price. We may not always be able to match clearance prices or those of goods being dumped on the local market, but we will attempt to match any genuine prices for identical items currently advertised on the internet for in stock items. Just send us the URL of the Canadian Authorized Dealer site where you found the lower priced item and we will match any genuine price providing authenticity and availability can be verified.

icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Bullzie:

I would strongly recommend http://www.gpscentral.ca as the service I have received from then has been beyond exceptional.

Ditto. I live in Toronto and found dealing with 'GPS Central' to be a pleasure. Great customer service, prompt delivery, and better prices you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere (compare their prices with some of the other suppliers listed in this thread and you'll quickly see what I mean).