washed out caches in Ontario

chris-mouse

Looks like the remnents of hurricane Isabel are due to pass over southern Ontario friday. the forcast is calling for a LOT of rainfall, something like 50-75mm of it in the Toronto area. that's almost certain to cause some flooding of the creeks.

Anyone who's got a cache anywhere near water should probably plan for a maintenance check some time next week. I know of a few caches in the GTA that are probably going to be underwater by saturday. One of my caches is about 10m or so from the Humber River, and I'm thinking it just might get wet, even though it's a good 2-3m above the normal water level.

Good point. I know of one cache on the Don River that might be in trouble. High winds may be a hazard to the many caches hidden in hollow standing trees as well. I can think of at least two of those within a few miles of my house. I'd say any cache hidden in or near a ravine should be checked over the weekend, if possible. I'm begining to see first bit of cloud rolling in as I type this. Check this URL for good, near realtime, satellite images of the storm.

http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseastconus.html