problems after uploading new solfware toa garmin vista?

bluecapricorn

I am just about to upload the new softwareto my Vista, but I happen to still have the 2.28 software as well. If you want a copy of it let me know and I can email it to you then you go go back to the old version. I am going to do some minor caching today so I will see if I notice any difference in performance.

Bullzie

I am going to take a shot in the dark here. This is a THEORY (for which I have no fact to base it on) but it seems that the longer an eTrex GPS (any one of them) is used, the better it is at keeping the accuracy good. After I left this morning, it took over an hour for my Vista to settle down to the usual ~6M accuracy, it took over half of that time to get from ~60 to ~30 in area that I usually get ~6M. I have had 3 different eTrexes (the basic yellow one, the Venture, and now the Vista) and the one I had the longest (the yellow one) so far has had the best overall signal, but I notice the other ones gradually getting better over time. It is like they keep some sort of internal table that helps them locate satellites that it builds over time and software updates reset the table.

Just something I have noticed,

Bullzie