THE GODS OF GPS COUNTRY- B.C. CACHES WE'VE NEVER FOUND!

canadazuuk

The following 18 caches in British Columbia have never been FOUND, and are still activated:

Geocache

Good Hope Lake Cache

Cobra Cache

Whistler Mountain Dash For Cache

Silver Beach

Lizard Ridge

Rednecks & Wildflowers

pedly cache

Fisher Peak Cache

Mt Stevens Trail Stash

Broken Lookin For Cache

Stump with a View

Nourse Creek Cache

Conair @ Stoyoma Mtn.

Lizard Back

"Owen Hat Cache"

Brian's Bluff

Bowen Island Cache

This list only contains caches placed prior to January 1, 2003.

It would be nice to see these all visited soon. We don't want these to turn into geo-litter.

Here's my challenge: I have a Garmin Vista with a case and a car cigarette adaptor that I *won* in a TEAM KFWB GPS cache hunt. It's up for grabs.

The first person or team to provide pictures of themselves, the caches, and their GPS at ALL locations by July 31, 2003 gets the Garmin. A team may be comprised of up to FIVE individuals.

You must log each cache referenced above, complete with a picture of the cache container, yourself, and your GPS, along with a page bearing the words 'canadazuuk challenge'. If you happen to have hid one or more of the caches referenced, that's okay, just have someone else on your team visit it and provide the appropriate photos. A minimum of two photos per cache are required.

Also note: A few of these caches have been attempted, but not found. If that turns out to be the case, provide a picture of the likely hiding location along with yourself, your GPS, and the 'canadazuuk challenge' sign. In addition, log it as 'Cache should be archived'.

I will be placing a regular geocache called THE GODS OF GPS COUNTRY to coincide with this *contest*, and get the word out about these unfound caches.

With about 1000 caches in British Columbia, and no one here over 400 yet, there is a lot of caching still to be done.

All the best,

canadazuuk

[This message was edited by canadazuuk on June 07, 2003 at 11:28 PM.]

hell the gas $$$ alone would buy 4 or 5 gps's but dadgum thats a cool challenge. I'm up for 2 or 3 of them one I have been watching for years but my boats have never been capable of the trip. Not sure I have the time off for the one on the bc/yukon border but I do have a friend in yellowknife could be a team mate ;o)

Pat Patterson

Garmin 12XL

82CJ7 & 79F250

Herd of Turtles 4x4 club

Darn! Guess I should of made the extra effort and done that Nourse Crk. cache last fall. It would of been a piece of cake compared to some I've done since. Hmmm! "Rednecks and Wildflowers" has always been a Bee in my bonnet. (and I do wear a bonnet sometimes)

Damm, I missed that zuuk had just bumped this old posting up and wasted a few minutes shaking my head over the list provided.

Ran a query and this is what I got for unfound BC caches: