Caches in Toronto

sjs102

We will be taking a Scout troop from Cincinnati to Toronto in June. We plan to come up 75 & the Windsor bridge, and leave heading for Niagra. We'll be in Toronto a couple of days. We'd like to break up the drive & stay with some caching. I know I can locate caches from the maps, but what I'm looking for is recommendations. Are there any really neat caches that are not too far of the beaten path, that are really worth seeing? We are really looking forward to caching outside the US, and also felt this would break up the long drive. We also have a travel bug that is supposed to meet us in Toronto, but has kind of been side tracked. Currently it is in Toronto, Kansas. Thanks!

sjs102 the Toronto area is loaded with quality caches. What part of Toronto will you be camped at? This will give us a clue on what area to concentrate on. Also do you prefer urban or rural caches? Lots of both within easy drive.

Cheers, Olar

wavey.gif

Palgrave is a hamlet that is part of Caledon. There are a few very nice caches. GC200C is missing though!

Use the Lat/Long in this picture (location of pointer) to do a search on the Geocaching search page.

palgrave1.jpg

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

sjs your base in Palgrave is central to many excellent caches. Actually you will be smack-dab in the middle of Coupar-Angus country. I'm sure all area cachers will agree that any of his caches are highly recommended for your troop. The link that gm100guy posted showing nearby caches covers them all plus numerous other great ones. A 25 mile radius will take you into Toronto as well for a wide selection there as well.

Olar

wavey.gif