Finding Coordinates for a remote location

boreal jeff & sons

From Mapquest:

"We have received requests from users who would like to type in an address and view the latitude/longitude coordinate. Due to contractual limitations, we are only able to display latitude/longitude coordinates provided by users"

I imagine that Mapblast has a similar issue.

Using MS Streets & Trips 2002, I located the address and then used the location sensor (under Tools) to place over the address stickpin.

For that address in Concord, I got a reading of:

N 43.82275 W 79.49282

I would think that Mappoint should have a similar tool. It's not exact but pretty close.

Peter

Hi boreal jeff,

The coords for Citron Crt. in Concord ON are N43º 49.372 W079º 29.580.......At least as far as Garmin's Mapsource software is concerned. Hope that helps,

Cheers, cliffy icon_smile.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

"Whad'ya mean you didn't save the location of the truck?..EEEK!!!..."

Hi boreal jeff,

The coords for Citron Crt. in Concord ON are N43º 49.372 W079º 29.580.......At least as far as Garmin's Mapsource software is concerned. Hope that helps,

Cheers, cliffy icon_smile.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

"Whad'ya mean you didn't save the location of the truck?..EEEK!!!..."

I stumbled across this site while getting coords for my parents and in-laws homes in NS(when the kids ask "How much further?",I want to able to tell them EXACTLY!) icon_wink.gif

Destination:Canada

It is great! You can query by postal code, or phone number, or place name and get a map plus nearby accomodation, attractions, etc. And the best part is you can zoom around and it will display your lat/long at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!

-Donna G.

I stumbled across this site while getting coords for my parents and in-laws homes in NS(when the kids ask "How much further?",I want to able to tell them EXACTLY!) icon_wink.gif

Destination:Canada

It is great! You can query by postal code, or phone number, or place name and get a map plus nearby accomodation, attractions, etc. And the best part is you can zoom around and it will display your lat/long at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!

-Donna G.

quote:
Originally posted by boreal jeff:

I've tried Mapblast and MS Map Point but none give you the long & lat.

If you look at the URL when viewing a Mapblast map, it will contain the coordinates of the position of the location icon. (a bit cumbersome but it works).

You may not agree with what I say, but I will defend, to your death, my right to say it!(it's a Joke, OK!)