Can someone help??

Renyoldman

Hi all. I will be in Nova Scotia this coming Oct between the 12th and 18th from the States mostly to go backpacking and caching. I am wondering if anyone could tell the names and possibly websites for bus lines that operate in NS as I would love to avoid renting a car. I have already checked out and considered VIA Rail for parts and have also looked into the shuttles provided by some of the hostels I will be staying at, but those means are somewhat limited. If anyone is able to help it would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. Cache on!

~Renyoldman

Philadelphia, PA, US

"Democracy is the belief that 20,000 lemmings can't all be wrong."

Hi Reynoldman,

Acadian Bus Lines is the regional carrier in Nova Scotia. I see on their web page that they have unlimited travel passes for 7, 10 and 14 days. Make sure to hit some of the great caches in my hometown of Truro. My favourite cache there is a bit far out of town though. Nuttby has a fantastic view.

Have a great trip - October is a great time of year for caching!

-Donna G

I would highly recommend renting a car - even if only for a weekend. I did that when I was in Nova Scotia - managed to put 3000 kms on that car in just 4 days! There are so many beautiful spots to see there. Of course the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island is a must see at that time of year. You may want to check out http://explore.gov.ns.ca/ for tourism information. They have a free travel guide that they will send you. Have a great trip!

I also just noticed that Canada's first geocache was hidden in Nova Scotia. You might not want to miss this one.

-Junglehair

There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

[This message was edited by junglehair on June 16, 2003 at 05:16 PM.]