Geocache roundup

Guest 300mag

Guest soclarke

Hey Cliffy

You mentioned finding caches on the pending list. How does one do that? Could you let me know? If it's something you don't want to post here feel free to email me.

Thanks

Scott

Go to the home page, look at the list of newest caches, pull up the most recent, then add 1 to the ID number in the url. I just found one today that got listed as I was logging my find. Way kewl.

YAHOOOO we made it back. What a great day. This was lots of fun meeting all the cachers that showed up.Even the weather cooperated very nicely.We got our two caches stashed and are ready to get logged. I have just finished posting in my cache and it is now getting approved so you can log it in soon.This was a very succesfull day. I really enjoyed this a lot an looking forward in having similar experiences.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif :

HEY Cliffy

I wonder what happened to MALAK he didn't register is cache yet.....humm he's slipping icon_biggrin.gif.Now even Rybren is logging caches before him.

You don't suppose is car ignited one of those fire starters and Malak is gone in smoke??? eek.gif

My gawd!!!!!!!! You mean he didn't make it back yet!!?!!?? Dammit Jim, there's enough wax in that vehicle to make Nagasaki look like a tea party under a pleasant breeze.........Don, Come in Don........ Do you read>?

patience, cliffy, patience.

As you were all complaining about my tardiness, Real Life intervened -- a b-day party for a close friend's 10 year old.

Cliffy, I registered my cache about 3 hours before you made a passing star trek/firestarter comment about me. (PT is three hours behind, I registered it at about 11:30pm last night.)

Anyway, nice to see you found the cache page this morning.

Fun little event, we'll have to have another later this spring somewhere that we can finally determine whether there's anything worn under a kilt. eek.gif

HELLO DON

We where getting worried lol.Talk about bad luck tick and Nammie got stuck for a while.It seems everyone had a great time SUPER. I also liked it a lot. Looking forward to another one like this.

PS: By the way CLIFFY found another one of your caches lol.

quote:
Originally posted by lemur:

How many attended?? Any suggestionschanges you would suggest

we had 12 people attend.

As for changes ... I might have made a weekend of it, but my boyscout days area over. icon_smile.gif

Seriously, making a weekend of it would have allowed for a few extra things:

- extra distances allowed (but then the area defined was about 1.5 hours long east west with Grandma driving using her tennis shoes LOL)

- choosing an area where having some 4/4s would have been possible

- the time to actually set 4/4s; we only gave ourselves about 3.5 to 4 hours, so since any driving had to be taken into account, we might only have had, depending on site selected, a couple of hours or an hour and a half to set a cache

An idea we also had was to be setting the caches using an east/west line and each end of the line would be listed as caches. All caches in between would be listed as waypoints whose coordinates ould only be found in the logbooks of the previous cache, ie. each logbook would contain two cache coordinates, each representing the two caches 'before' and 'after' the cache. People could start from either east or west and move in the opposite direction.

quote:
Originally posted by 300mag:

HELLO DON

We where getting worried lol.Talk about bad luck tick and Nammie got stuck for a while.It seems everyone had a great time SUPER. I also liked it a lot. Looking forward to another one like this.

PS: By the way CLIFFY found another one of your caches lol.

yeah, well I've found 80% of his five caches, and he's found 15.4% of my 13 caches (not including event caches).

Not eactly bragging rights on either count, if you ask me. icon_wink.gif And go down to the states again.

You guys in Ottawa have more caches that we do in Montreal. icon_frown.gif

quote:
Originally posted by 300mag:

Just to keep the competion going lol[/b]

I plan on it. tongue.gif

Ssshhhh, don't tell Cliffy, he can't ever get 100% finds on my caches, IT1 and IT9 went MIA. eek.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Guest jcarell

icon_biggrin.gif Folks: Thanks again for the great day. It really was a lot of fun.

The boys had a great time although there was a fair bit of moaning about cold feet after getting their boots full of snow while in search of cacha-cola.

Give yourselves a big pat on the back for doing a superb job.

Rybren