Cache found notifications

dylanh01

You should get an email for every log on every cache you own.

If you're not, first check that you set up the right email address with your profile. Then check your spam filter.

If you use gmail, they sometimes automatically shunt emails into folders like "social" or "promotion," so look there as well.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, dylanh01 said:

I've placed a number of caches in my area, but am not receiving notification emails when they are found. Is there any way that I can set this up?

Thanks

Dylan

You should definitely check on this issue as it's important for a CO to get those logs/notifications. Let us know when you get things straightened out! 

1 minute ago, mr.jonesy said:

Is this an issue? I've noticed this morning I've had some finds posted on a couple of mine yesterday that didn't trigger an email notification?

last email I had was an instant message notification with some earth cache answers, the user then logged said earth cache, but I've had no find email, 

Though I have had a watch list notification arrive, but not about one of my caches.

Odd....

There does seem to be something odd with notifications at the moment. Yesterday there were two new caches published within my notification radius (GC9P7KD and GC8P7PD) but I only got a notification for the former. The owner of GC8P7PD has also said he didn't receive any notification of its publication, and from the fact that my attempt on it this afternoon has so far been the only one makes me suspect no-one else got a notification either. I only became aware of the cache when I clicked on the New Caches link on the website to see if really was working properly now, otherwise I wouldn't have known it existed.

• Helpful 1
2 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

I only became aware of the cache when I clicked on the New Caches link on the website to see if really was working properly now, otherwise I wouldn't have known it existed.

Does the New Caches link work for you? Mine does not do well. It makes list of caches based about 25 miles away, the coordinates shown are of my home address. The list does not show only new catches.

If I do enter for instance Waynesboro. Pa. it may or may not show that area.

Edit about ten minutes later: I was just on the main Geocaching website and it now appears the New Caches option works as it did before. It shows new caches in the radius I choose based on newest date placed. Thanks for fixing it.

Edited by Jayeffel