Can someone please explain this to me ?

peetz

I went out today to check on my caches that i have put out for ...you other cachers to find....to my dismay one of my caches was just about empty.....it cost me around 25-30$ to make a cache....this cache was full to the top when placed....other poeple in their post had said , lots of treasures in cache......when i read the logs there was lots of TNLN'S.... hmmmmmmmm....where did the stuff go then ?......pls people if you take something pls leave something in return....of same value.....and also while caching today we found a cache and in log book said....and i quote.....took camera and left Mc Donalds happy meal toy...what the deal with this?

Hmm...trying to figure out why it was necessary to post the link to the cache in question. The original poster identified the problem without feeling that they had to name names. If you are miffed about your camera, would it not have been nicer to simply e-mail the offending cacher instead of posting the link to cause embarrassment on the forum? icon_confused.gif

"You are cleared for geocaching."

quote:
Edit: oh geez - now even more people are offended. I'll remove the comment.

TG-I've learned-you can't win! Someone somewhere is going to get offended by something. I know most of the cachers in question, and, has anyone considered that the cache log might be tongue in cheek? You can't believe everything you read, folks! I learned that the hard way. And also, anyone that knows how to research could have easily found out what cache he was talking about. Try looking at things in a way that might be different from the obvious. Don't take everything at face value! Same goes for caching! Done talkin' ! icon_biggrin.gif

Real cachers don't smell like Fleecy.

It's a fact of being a cache places. You are just going to have to put up with it.

You can keep restocking your caches. You can let fate decide.

I've had my caches traded both directioins. Down to junk then up to good stuff. It amazes me that they could ever trade up at all.

Don't sweat it. You just have to assume that they live in abject poverty, drove up in a 70's beater, and their kids just had the time of their life before they go home to their hovel with the hole in the roof and the outdoor plumbing.