geopirates@hotmail.com

rusty_da_dog

I have several emails from these people concerning my Harley Dude Travel Bug, they have kidnapped him and are gloating about doing it. My 5 y/o stepson gave me the motorcycle and the army man for this bug, and now this person has him. If anyone knows these people please let me know the geocaching id. I think I know what it is but I am not positive so would like it confirmed before going furthur. I will be glad to forward the emails as they were sent to me.

Thanks for any help,

Rusty

RW Da Man!!!

Someone's just jerking your chain and looking for the type of attention that a forum like this can provide. The more you 'feed' this (ie: forum posts, email responses etc.), the more that they - whoever 'they' are - get out of it. It is, afterall, just a travel bug ...so 'let it go' (as it is, nobody should leave anything in a cache that they aren't prepared to see 'disa-*poof!*-ppear').

quote:
Originally posted by Captain No Beard and the Pi Rats:

Obv'ously nat reel Pirates...Reel wuns would'a be sendin' a prop'r Rans'm Note, or jist drawn and Quart'rd th' buggie! If'n ye'd like th' Cap'n's 'elp, 'e's alw'ys preparrd t' straight'n out a fake pirate!

Keep yer sail 'igh, 'nd move swiftly,

;) Captain No Beard and the Pi Rats

Captain I'm glad to hear they are not relatives of yours or of the same clan. Sounds like your help in the matter would be appreciated. Us land-lubbers down here Ontario way don't know how to deal with pirates like the folks out on the Island.

Cheers, Olar

wavey.gif

First: Open the email in such a way as to show you the headers. In Outlookexpress you right mouse click the message and click "Properties".

Look for the "Received: from " line in the headers. The first one you see showing the message going into Hotmail should be the IP address of the sender. If your not sure, email me the headers.

Secondly: Report the abuse to Jeremy with the COMPLETE message forwarded as an attachement and point out the IP address that this came from.

Jeremy should be able to look at his logs for this IP address and identify the offender.

Cheers,

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

I went to my cache to check on Rusty's Travel bug.

I'm sorry to report that not only is the travel bug gone, but my Cache was ransaked.

The "Geopirate" left this note in the log:

“Geocaching Hell has found you!

Came for the trophy, now he is mine, pillaged the geocache. The Geopirate Strikes again.”

(He also left a lovely skull and crossbones drawing).

------------------------

Kids who hunt fish and geocache don't mug little old ladies...

The Cache is still there. It's just barron now. All of it's goodies were removed. There is still a log book. I'll fill it up with some more goodies.

Not much worth Geocaching in this area anymore with a moron like that ruining it for everyone else. icon_mad.gif

------------------------

The Cache is still there. It's just barron now. All of it's goodies were removed. There is still a log book. I'll fill it up with some more goodies.

Not much worth Geocaching in this area anymore with a moron like that ruining it for everyone else. icon_mad.gif

------------------------

Sounds like tyme to plant a geotrap...not wun that could 'urt 'im ye know, just one that'll lure 'im...somewheres that is a 1/1 and easy to view frum somewhars...then put in some "virtual great stuff"

Be watchin' frum the window...ye'll fig'r out who in a hurry...

Then drag the blighter off to our Island and we can see 'ow 'e likes the cold winter nights on a log boom (in 'is birfday suite to boot!)

Keep yer sail 'igh, 'nd move swiftly,

;) Captain No Beard and the Pi Rats

quote:
Originally posted by Kobayashi:

"...The Cache is still there. It's just barron now. All of it's goodies were removed. There is still a log book. I'll fill it up with some more goodies.

Not much worth Geocaching in this area anymore with a moron like that ruining it for everyone else. icon_mad.gif..."

icon_rolleyes.gif It takes all kinds. The big thing to keep in mind is that, if you read through some of the forums, this isn't entirely unheard of (the person is neither original or imaginative), nor should you take it personally (unless you have reason to believe otherwise). That having been said, my suggestion would be that the best course of action is to minimize the 'kick' this person gets out of seeing his/her actions publicized and/or responded to by simply carrying on as if it never happened (ie: don't discuss it in the forums *oops!*, don't respond to any of their emails, don't 'bite the bait'...). Eventually, if nobody seems to care, even someone with limited cranial capacity will tire of trudging into the woods to leave an illustrated 'Got ya!' note and to scoop a couple of dollars worth of useless baubles (...skull and crossbones huh? ...how 'quaint').