How do I download all the geocaches for a given province?

cmalton

Hello,

I have a Garmin Legend and was wondering how do I download all the geocaches for a particular province? For example Ontario? I use EasyGPS to download caches in my area but I'd like to download all the Ontario ones at once. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Craig

The pocket query feature limits you to 500 caches per query. For that reason you will require setting-up 3 queries using three sets of coordinates as the radius centre points so that complete coverage of the province is achieved. Although I don't maintain the file currently, I did this very thing a year ago and established the following radius centres for complete coverage.

• Point 1 149 mile radius, N42.73459, W81.68700
  • Point 2 153 mile radius, N44.67190, W76.77709
  • Point 3 415 mile radius, N48.11824, W86.66800

If you download the 3 queries in .loc format then you can open them all together in GeoBuddy which will combine them for one file that you can save to EasyGPS and it will also eliminate any duplicates that you may get due to the overlapping of the queries.

Cheers, Olar

"You are only young once but you can stay immature forever"

I did a pocket query for Ontario and got all of the caches in 2 queries with no duplicates. I queried all caches hidden from the date of the first cache hidden to the date hidden of the approximate "half of the caches" cache. I then queried from the day after my first query to the present date. Got them all and no duplication. No duplicates made it easier to convert to a single point file to import into ARCView.

-Donna G