Geoquilt? What's involved?

dani_carriere

There is a geoquilt cache in my area (Winnipeg). What's involved? I see that the quilt peices need to be signed with a fabric pen ... but is there sewing involved? icon_confused.gif

Can someone sum up what the findee of a geoquilt cache is required to do?

I tried going through the big geoquilt thread, but thought starting a new one would be easier. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by dani_carriere:

I tried going through the big geoquilt thread, but thought starting a new one would be easier.

Easier for who? Certainly not for those that have taken the time to learn about the project on our own.

Here is everything your need to know. If you don't want to read it, then break out your needle and thread and bone up on your sewing skills.

quote:
Originally posted by MrGigabyte:

Easier for who? Certainly not for those that have taken the time to learn about the project on our own.

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=5280962783&m=7820922324 everything your need to know. If you don't want to read it, then break out your needle and thread and bone up on your sewing skills.

Easier for me. I didn't want to have to read 141 posts to find the 1 post that sums up geoquilting. I just needed to know one thing. Sewing or not sewing. I have my answer.

Thank you for your patience. It means so much to me being new to the forum, and new to geocaching that people take the time to answer my post without adding any facetiousness.

quote:
Originally posted by dani_carriere:

There is a geoquilt cache in my area (Winnipeg). What's involved? I see that the quilt peices need to be signed with a fabric pen ... but is there sewing involved? icon_confused.gif

Can someone sum up what the findee of a geoquilt cache is required to do?

The finder of the geoquilt cache is required to sign one of the quilt pieces in the cache. The pieces are then to be mailed to Cliffy or 300Mag in Ottawa (self-addressed envelopes included in the cache).

A fine lady from New York (DxChallenged) will be taking all the signed quilt pieces and sewing them into a giant quilt which will be a compilation of signed quilt pieces from geocachers across Canada.

quote:
Originally posted by MeeCachers:

The finder of the geoquilt cache is required to sign one of the quilt pieces in the cache. The pieces are then to be mailed to Cliffy or 300Mag in Ottawa (self-addressed envelopes included in the cache).

A fine lady from New York (DxChallenged) will be taking all the signed quilt pieces and sewing them into a giant quilt which will be a compilation of signed quilt pieces from geocachers across Canada.

icon_biggrin.gif Thank you!! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Hey! I just read these posts........Ya know I have tried to get others to rev up their sewing machines but to date only one other person that I know of has made their own square........

Yeah.....just sign a square when you find one and either Cliffy or 300mag will collect them......then send them off for me to assemble...

I've made up 3 little quilts from the left over blocks....to see how the design will work....It should be nice......

My quilting and caching are taking a back seat right now though.....in the process of buying a house and selling our own.......but my Singer's motor is still running!

DxChallenged

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

[This message was edited by DxChallenged on June 14, 2002 at 01:44 AM.]