New to GC in BC

mav0ric

A friend brought this to my attention and I have not been able to get it out of my mind for 2 days now. What a great adventure!

I hope to be up and running (walking? hiking?lol) by next week. I am bidding on a decent GPS unit on ebay and I see there are a few cashes near my home. My wife is also very interested and excited at the thought of a search. We hope to find our first cashe by months end. We will keep learning and start our own cashe soon as well. The Travel Bug idea is also very interesting. So much reading to do on the site and on the forums.

Good luck to all!

Todd

"Patience is for those who lack conviction"

Welcome mavOric! I remember how excited I was when I first started caching. (Ok, so I'm still excited.) You live in the best province for it too! We have caches all over the place, with terrific terrain and gorgeous views.

Keep posting about your adventures, and keep a log book of your own to remember your finds. You'll be amazed at how quickly they will add up. Just wait until you do your first Cache Machine! I'm sure you will make many new caching friends too. Have fun!

"You are cleared for geocaching."