Garmin Montana 750i not recognizing CO's own caches as owned.

13Survivors

My Garmin Montana 750i doesn't recognize my caches as being owned by me like the app or geocaching website does (with a star).  The cache just looks like an unfound cache.  This is even while connected to my iphone with the app open.  Also, when saving a new waypoint, I don't see a way to save it as a geocache. There isn't a geocache symbol to assign to the waypoint after saving it.  Am I missing something?  My old Rhinos didn't have this problem.

That is because your old Rhino did not have the concept of geocaches. It only saved waypoints, and a waypoint can have a different picture attached to it. What you want is not directly possible on a standalone GPS.

To mark your own caches, you have to save them as waypoints or as POI's on your GPS. However, you will then loose the extra info that is attached to a geocache (text, hints, extra waypoints)

When you add a seperate waypoint on the GPS it is just that: a waypoint. It can have a seperate icon and a small description, but is is in no way a geocache.