Hazardous Cache Contents

Guest 300mag

I totally agree!

I've seen cigarettes and tampons in a cache before. Who did leave these!? Geocaching is an outdoor activity which both kids and adult can enjoy. Let's keep it that way.

I thought I should mention this again.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY HAZARDOUS CONTENTS IN CACHES. I know I have left.300mag shells.These are spent shells. They have no primer(cap) no powder,no bullet just an empty hollow brass shell. Someone is leaving LIVE ammo in caches.This could be unsafe. Please refrain from leaving these in caches.

Apparently not enough people have seen the Commercial from Shopper's Drug Mart mentioning that your glove compartment in your car can get extremely hot and that you should leave medicine there or it will go bad.

Don't leave Hazardous materials in places where they can cause problems. Don't leave you prescription medicine in your glove compartment, and don't be leaving live ammo in caches.

Besides being extremely unsafe, it's illegal as ammo like pistols and rifle and such require you to have a license to purchase. So how are you planning on checking that the nex cacher that drops by the cache has a license to carry the live ammo.

The items left in a geo-cache should be things that any rational person would not think twice about giving to a 5 year old