Geocaching Hosting Network

Pick

Hi everyone!

My name is Pick, and I'm responsible for a great number of the caches around Brussels, among others.

I had this idea one day, that we could set up a kind of geocaching hosting network around Belgium, so that potential geocachers could find a cheap accomodation. It would be a great opportunity for us, hosts, to meet people who share our great hobby!

Maybe some of us, Belgian geocachers, have a guest room that they would be ready to rent for a few euros a night to geocachers from around the world.

Then, who knows, if it works in our small Kingdom, we could then extend the system to other countries! icon_rolleyes.gif

If you have anything to say about this project I would be happy to hear about it!

Looking forward to getting your reactions,

Pick

Pick --I hope not... the politics of people do not always coincide with the politics of their governors.

I am hoping to find a cache or two (and drop a couple of bugs) this weekend, probably near Liege, should time permit. Mostly, I'm looking forward to the things that should matter between nations -- sharing the wonderful differences in cultures. (and sampling the local beers...)

"All of us are standing in the mud, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

quote:
Originally posted by Pick:

Hi everyone!

My name is Pick, and I'm responsible for a great number of the caches around Brussels, among others.

I had this idea one day, that we could set up a kind of geocaching hosting network around Belgium, so that potential geocachers could find a cheap accomodation. It would be a great opportunity for us, hosts, to meet people who share our great hobby!

Maybe some of us, Belgian geocachers, have a guest room that they would be ready to rent for a few euros a night to geocachers from around the world.

Then, who knows, if it works in our small Kingdom, we could then extend the system to other countries! icon_rolleyes.gif

If you have anything to say about this project I would be happy to hear about it!

Looking forward to getting your reactions,

Pick

hello, pick,

my family and i are moving to brussels this summer. any tips/suggestions you have for geocaching there would be appreciated.

thanks,

squatting dog frog.gif

Dear Squatting dog,

Welcome to Brussels this summer! Many of the caches in and around Brussels are easily reachable by public transportation, so it's the best way to visit those.

The weather can change very fast; for example in the summer if it's hot and humid, then expect a rain shower in the afternoon. So alway be prepared.

And of course, after a nice geocaching day, you and your family are welcome for a drink at home! icon_smile.gif