Adventure Labs coordinates aren't correct

SyzygyBeth

I've done Adventure Labs successfully before, but the last two (West Brookfield Center Historic District and Northside Village Historic District) do not register my presence at the first stop. I keep getting the "Get closer" message even when I am literally touching the statue/sign. I know 100% that I am in the right place. Both tell me that I have to go some distance further on- one was .4 miles, I don't remember the other. Since they're both the first step in a linear course, I end up having wasted two of my few available geocaching days.

I can find regular geocaches without any problem- and as I said, I was able to find Adventure Labs in the past. Therefore, I assume it's got to be something with the Adventure Lab software or some setting that affects it. I've looked all over. Does anyone have any ideas?

I just realized that I hadn't uninstalled/reinstalled yet so I did that, but I have no way to check to see if that fixed it for a while. In the meanwhile, has anyone had this problem? The most possible solutions the better! Thanks. 

• Funny 1
15 minutes ago, SyzygyBeth said:

I've done Adventure Labs successfully before, but the last two (West Brookfield Center Historic District and Northside Village Historic District) do not register my presence at the first stop. I keep getting the "Get closer" message even when I am literally touching the statue/sign. I know 100% that I am in the right place. Both tell me that I have to go some distance further on- one was .4 miles, I don't remember the other. Since they're both the first step in a linear course, I end up having wasted two of my few available geocaching days.

I can find regular geocaches without any problem- and as I said, I was able to find Adventure Labs in the past. Therefore, I assume it's got to be something with the Adventure Lab software or some setting that affects it. I've looked all over. Does anyone have any ideas?

I just realized that I hadn't uninstalled/reinstalled yet so I did that, but I have no way to check to see if that fixed it for a while. In the meanwhile, has anyone had this problem? The most possible solutions the better! Thanks. 

Are you by chance on ios? My friend with an iphone had this problem at an Adventure Lab. It wasn't great distances, but I'd have to take his phone and walk towards where the app said he needed to go, then back to him so he could answer the questions. We'd be standing right at the correct location (I was using Android), but it always said Get Closer, like you mentioned. That was last year.

A long shot.... has anyone else reported incorrect coordinates for that Adventure Lab? Just wondering. Is it new, or have many completed it?

Edited by Max and 99

Yes, I'm on IOS. Yes, it was all short distances. I don't know how to see how many people completed it.

I updated my IOS, uninstalled/reinstalled the software, and went out on a new Adventure Lab. This time it worked fine. I'll go back and try one of the ones that didn't work. If they work, I'll know it was my IOS/Adventure Lab.

Thanks for your ideas.