US Visitor

Metaphor

I'm looking for a bit of guidance -- I will be traveling from the US to Frankfort, Germany with the destination of driving to Chimay, Belgium in mid-February for a couple of days (14 Feb- 17 Feb 2003) before returning to Frankfurt. The route is not a direct one, and may include driving through Luxembourg. I'd like to log a cache or two in at leat Germany and Belgium, if not Luxembourg as well.

#1: I need to geocache as an aside to my travel, but don't have a lot of time to sidetrack. What are my best bets along the basic routes?

#2: I want to leave a travel bug from Maryland USA. Where best to start it so it it easily started, yet safely deposited?

#3. If anyone wants a Travel Bug to go to the US, how could an exchange be made?

#4. Any tips for the travel -- I will be driving a rental car with two colleagues, one of which knows the area a bit, but not geocaching...

Your hospitality is most appreciated, and as the specific geocaching maps are down, your advice is most appreciated. MW

I speak a minimal amount of German and no French, but can have have French translated e. English -- well, not a lot, but I do speak American somewhat well...

"All of us are standing in the mud, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde