Belgium TOPO cdroms

hazeltje & skip

Hi all,

recently I spotted a new (?) cdrom at A.S. Adventure store with topographic maps of Flanders + Brussels. Price was 50 EUR I think, and there is also a version of the southern part of Belgium (also 50 EUR). The salesperson told me you can use them to create and upload waypoints and routes (don't know if you can download tracks).

Does anyone have these and can comment on them? It seems they could be useful when planning a cachehunt (so you don't find yourself at the wrong side of the river icon_wink.gif) but also for hiking/biking?

greetz

Skip

All activities that goes with your GPS are applicable on these CD's. You can store Waypoints, routes and tracks but....

Alle these functions are best initiated on the GPS at his own, meaning on the CD's you can't make a route or insert easely a waypoint.

The maps are very good and very detailed. If you want an example on my website :

http://users.pandora.be/erik.de.meyer2 and go to the page : achtzaligheden. There you'll find a map of the CD's imported from the program as a gif file...

You can also discuss this at http://www.geocache.be

Rovertje

I thought I was wrong, but I made a mistake....

Hi,

I agree with Rovertje. Although the software HAS some GPSr-related features, it's not the most easy to set to use... icon_rolleyes.gif

BUT the maps are REALLY good, and for 100 € you have all Belgium at 1-50.000 level.

On the www.geocache.be forums, I posted a topic on exporting the maps to OziExplorer using screen captures and some stitching in Paint Shop Pro. Quite cluttery to do, but the results are interesting! icon_cool.gif

Once in OziExplorer, you can play around with routes, tracks, etc...

If needed, I can prepare a more detailed "tutorial" and post it.

Jiheffe

Don't Dream It... Be It!

Hallo Skip,

Ik heb deze 2 cd's gekocht. (83.92 €) voor de twee. Ze zijn wel vrij goed beschermd, want een reservekopie bleek niet te werken. Misschien wel te kopiëren met een MAC ! ? !

Tot nu toe de beste totpo-kaarten die ik gezien heb. De upload naar GPS heb ik nog niet geprobeerd, maar deze functies zijn wel aanwezig. Er bestaat ook een boek met de volledige stafkaarten van België, uitgegeven door NGI.

Reply: infoNOSPAM@nemec.be

quote:
Originally posted by Jiheffe:

[...]posted a topic on exporting the maps to OziExplorer using screen captures and some stitching in Paint Shop Pro. Quite cluttery to do, but the results are interesting! icon_cool.gif

Once in OziExplorer, you can play around with routes, tracks, etc...[...]

Last weekend I was at a Belgium GC-event. There I found out that there is also (just as in Holland we seem to have a KabouterBond) a group of Flamish gnomes doing their good works out of sight. I have seen a CD with all 1:50.000 maps ready for use with Ozi Explorer.

These disks pop up in caches it seems.

There I found out that there is also (just as in Holland we seem to have a KabouterBond) a group of Flamish gnomes doing their good works out of sight. I have seen a CD with all 1:50.000 maps ready for use with Ozi Explorer.<BR>These disks pop up in caches it seems.

Yes you're right. The gnomes are doing a good job. Used those maps for a long time.

For Garmin users there's an alternative:

Belgie Topo Garmin

Just ask the donkeys.

Marco