How far would you travel to find a cache, and how often do you do it (travel a distance)?

Ian&Sue - Team Pathfinder

I am curious. How far would you travel to find a cache? We have tried to locate a couple of caches which are approximately 2000klms from where we live but that was because we were trying to escape the winter cold!! Mostly we will travel around 250 kilometres in a round trip to locate caches and we do this regularly. How about you guys?

When we move to the Pilbara WA in a couple of weeks we will be setting quite a few caches, would you visit them if you where holidaying here? Would it influence where you go on holiday.

This is evergreenhiker! here...Seattle, Washington-USA area. I'm really into this...maybe too much! I'll go 100 miles one way in a day trip for a cache if it's a quality one. Usually I try to find areas with a bunch of caches and hit those hard from mid morning to after dark. Night time hunting extends the day and is a blast! Fortunately, I live in an area with a lot of prolific cachers so I usually don't need to go that far to hit a few.

I live in an area that has 1 cache in a 300 mile radius. I travel often for work so I take the extra day and try to hit as many as I can while I am away.

I was back in Darwin recently and could only find 1 of the three I was looking for.

I would say that I would be prepared to do a days round trip by car to hit a cache.

Go Hard.