Favourite cache experience

Northern Invaders

I think the most memorable is the one where i had actually already done it a few months before (Desert drive).

I decided to place a cache within walking distance of the carpark, to give people in 2WD cars a chance as well.

Anyway, bogged my (4wd) cache-mobile at 915am in the morning, spent 3 hours digging, no luck. only got deeper.

Buried the front almost 3 foot in! icon_eek.gif

Time to walk out !, 12 kilometres, and 5 hours plus a nice farmer with a bloody HUGE tractor, I was out !

Great way to not spend a day, and didn't even end up planting a cache there after all.

Most memorable. icon_rolleyes.gif

I think Geocoopers federation cache takes my all time favourite award. A must do. icon_cool.gif

I think the most memorable is the one where i had actually already done it a few months before (Desert drive).

I decided to place a cache within walking distance of the carpark, to give people in 2WD cars a chance as well.

Anyway, bogged my (4wd) cache-mobile at 915am in the morning, spent 3 hours digging, no luck. only got deeper.

Buried the front almost 3 foot in! icon_eek.gif

Time to walk out !, 12 kilometres, and 5 hours plus a nice farmer with a bloody HUGE tractor, I was out !

Great way to not spend a day, and didn't even end up planting a cache there after all.

Most memorable. icon_rolleyes.gif

I think Geocoopers federation cache takes my all time favourite award. A must do. icon_cool.gif

Hey - we've made someone's favourite list!! Thanks Northern Invaders icon_biggrin.gif

Have to agree with Team Piggy about Half A Carton, a top effort by GeoCoopers - kept us going for three weekends before we managed to collect all the clues and then figure it out.

It's hard to narrow down to a single favourite - Alex's caches are always inventive and guaranteed to put a smile on your face when you finally find the cache.

Most memorable would have to be GeoCoopers "Highly Remarkable" - took the new cache-mobile up to the Flinders over Easter, with my sister JoMac who had just bought a GPS in anticipation of getting hooked on caching. Of course we decided to tackle the hill from the goat track side, and ended up at the top after about two hours. The cache itself took a bit of circling around before we managed to look in the right spot!! I think Slider must hold the record for fastest return trip - up and down in 2 1/2 hours.

SA has got to be the caching centre of Australia - maccamob are threatening to immigrate because the Victorians aren't putting enough out to keep them busy!! Life's tough at the top icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by Slider & Smurf on September 23, 2002 at 05:49 AM.]

Hey - we've made someone's favourite list!! Thanks Northern Invaders icon_biggrin.gif

Have to agree with Team Piggy about Half A Carton, a top effort by GeoCoopers - kept us going for three weekends before we managed to collect all the clues and then figure it out.

It's hard to narrow down to a single favourite - Alex's caches are always inventive and guaranteed to put a smile on your face when you finally find the cache.

Most memorable would have to be GeoCoopers "Highly Remarkable" - took the new cache-mobile up to the Flinders over Easter, with my sister JoMac who had just bought a GPS in anticipation of getting hooked on caching. Of course we decided to tackle the hill from the goat track side, and ended up at the top after about two hours. The cache itself took a bit of circling around before we managed to look in the right spot!! I think Slider must hold the record for fastest return trip - up and down in 2 1/2 hours.

SA has got to be the caching centre of Australia - maccamob are threatening to immigrate because the Victorians aren't putting enough out to keep them busy!! Life's tough at the top icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by Slider & Smurf on September 23, 2002 at 05:49 AM.]

We'd have to agree with Slider & Smurf about SA being a great place to cache. Our favourite caches all seem to be there. Top favourite would probably go to Piggy's "All the King's Horses, All the King's ???", with second a toss-up between Freddo's "Lleyton's Gates" (we enjoyed having to work out a coord problem first) and Biggles Bear's "The Fugitive" (another coord problem to work out, and it starts in Melbourne , finishes in Adelaide). We haven't done "Half a Carton" (yet), so maybe we need to reserve a spot for it. Honorary mentions go to a couple of muzza caches in Melbourne - "PPP" and "CCC". Hmmm, a pattern emerges here - they're all multis! We also agree with S & S about all Alex's caches, but for us "Lamb or Veale" rates special mention because of the research and preparation which must have gone into preparing the container.