Are fake logs allowed on Adventure Lab?

AntMadeira

18 hours ago, AntMadeira said:

Hi there.

I received my first fake log (or review, as they're called now) in my Adventure Lab. Is this allowed? How can I remove it or report it?

Regards.

How do you know it's fake and no you cannot delete reviews. 

Are you referring to the review that says "Greetings from France"?

I do find it strange that that user has no geocache finds in that country except for the adventure lab. That does sound a little suspicious to me!

You can contact HQ about the matter.

But please don't make an assumption just because two did not find the bonus that they did not complete the adventure lab.

Edited by Max and 99
On 4/12/2022 at 3:06 AM, AntMadeira said:

Hi there.

I received my first fake log (or review, as they're called now) in my Adventure Lab. Is this allowed? How can I remove it or report it?

Regards.

Why do you think the log is "fake"? 

Edited by A J Pombo
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1

The log is fake, period, like many others from European geocachers that never set foot on South America. I don't need to have a master degree in space engineering to know that.

If Groundspeak allows cheating and this kind of logs, fine by me. People play the way they want to play. If that makes them happy, so be it.

I just wanted to know if this was allowed and if I could do something about that. I got my answers, so thanks for that.

• Funny 1
On 4/12/2022 at 3:09 AM, Max and 99 said:

But please don't make an assumption just because two did not find the bonus that they did not complete the adventure lab.

One of them is my friend and is one of the most active geocachers in Brazil, the other one never found caches in Brazil and have found logs in the same date in France.

I'm pretty sure this is more than an assumption. Besides, I'm surprised this is even a surprise here. Lab caches have fake logs everywhere. Maybe some owners don't mind, but I do. It's a disrespect for those who spent time and money to build something in exchange for just some logs about a true experience.

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, AntMadeira said:

the other one never found caches in Brazil

So this person is maybe deleting his geocaching find logs in Brazil after completing your adventure lab? So he's not really getting any credit for geocaching there? Just wondering.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Funny 2