Formal Approval for Caches?

Bronze

I know this would hae been discussed before, probably at length but being new here I can't find it.

I have written a post on the Main Forum asking the Groundspeak admin if there are proforma forms for formal permission to describe Geocaching and further ask for permission to locate caches on property owned or managed privately, government departments and councils.

Most approvals granted to me previously have been verbal or the person responsible like the idea but didn't want to know about it, read: 'didn't want more paperwork'- i.e. "I'd just go ahead and we never spoke".

I am trying to promote geocaching in my region and do not want to get offside with the council, forestry and local land owners. I have already had enquiries about the approvals of caches being located on crown lands. I push hard the "Cache in trash out" policy and this is met with approval with the agencies I have verbal agreement from.

As I am a public servant and would prefer to worth with the power that be I must be seen to be ticking the right boxes for caches located on others lands.

Could fellow caches please discuss this here or direct me to a thread containing similar information.

Bronze.

ICQ me 153415991

Stevesallychandler@yahoo.com