Anyone in Esperance

Kiwi cruiser

Nope we are not down that way. We dont know of anyone that is active in your area either. You can usually tell by a heap of caches in a smallish cluster. Why not become the GURU of Esperance and place a dosen or so out so that anyone coming though will be able to find all the special places known only to the locals. Who know its only about 6 hours Drive from Armadale where we live. You could temp us to come down and have a look around if there was a good collection of places to visit. We will have to remember to place some if we get down there. Someone just needs to get the ball rolling and things will happen. Just have a look how much is Happening up towards Dampier/Headland since Team Pathfinder moved back up there. "Place it and they shall come"

Hi

We have only been back here for a couple of months and already things are well underway. If you can get word out through your local newspaper or a note on the board at the Service station etc. you will be amazed at the response you get. We were contacted by the local ABC radio to do an interview in the afternoon show they were very keen to hear all about geocaching and even invited me to come on occasionally to let everyone know how we are going. Nothing is impossible, even in a small community. People just need to know that Geocaching is out there. Please do stress that we like to be environmentally aware though - Protect our native flora & fauna and Cache in / Trash out. We dont want to end up like NZ where geocaching is frowned upon so practicing good principles from the start is the way to go. Geocaching is also a great way to promote tourism!! Another marketing tool. (Although I like the quiet!!)

PS. These are all my personal opinions and practices - I am not here to preach at you or anyone - Now I will get off of my soapbox, ha ha.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Feel free to e-mail us if you need more of a hand on setting up a group down there. Good luck and happy Geocaching.

We were down in Esperance December last year but weren't into Geocaching back then. Wish I was because I would have certainly stuck one somewhere up top of Frenchmans Peak.

BTW, I recently placed some in and around Walpole. Details to follow soon. Just waiting for the photos.

We are doing a caravanning trip beginning early May taking us from Bunbury, north through Pilbara and Kimberlys, across to Darwin, down the Centre to Adelaide & then back home.

We are new to this (one search...one find so far)but hope to expand our experience on the way. I'm hoping to find a few and maybe place a few in out of the way places.

By the time we get to Esperance, August - September there may be a few around there. icon_biggrin.gif

Life is too short to say "I can't do that"