Geocaching in WA (or the lack of!)

Guest Georoaches

Guest Georoaches

Hiya

I woder if anyone is WA is interested in getting the Geocaching scene going a little bit more than it is!

Lets face it, there are ONLY 6 or 7 Geocaches in WA and only one has been found!!!

I am Perth based an intend on putting a few caches out there around Perth.

If anyone is interested in chatting about it, email me.

Come on and lets get it going. As always the east is ahead of us.

georoaches@uts.com.au

Guest hgmonaro

Back from W.A. but can't report a good Geocaching time was had. While on our way to visiting the Serpentine Falls we realised there was a cache handy. Debated about the $9 park entry fee but decided to view the falls so slung our hard earned in the box and proceeded. After viewing the falls and some Kangaroos, checked the GPS which indicated that yes the cache was on top of the hill, which was deemed to far for our unprepared troop (it was raining and lunchtime) We thought we might get some lunch and then return if it had stopped raining. After lunch the rain was still bucketing down, so we decided to drive by the 'Thorns' cache. Posting that tale on the cache page.

Guest Georoaches

Hi

Yes, the PETERS SERPENTINE VISTA was certainly a hard one. We must have done it the weekend you contemplated it. It was raining all day on and off but we seemed to get lucky and when we got on top of the hill, beautyfull sunshine (which was very welcome).

I am glad you did our TJORN IN MY SIDE one. So it was not a complete waste.

C U

Guest LynPatNat

Hello all you other GeoCache people.We can understand how you feel as far as W.A. being a bit slow on the uptake.But you can always say that at least you were in at the very begining.

A little tip for those going to "serpentine Vista". you can park before the Gates of the Park and walk in (about 100 meters before the gates is a small place to park)The ranger may look at you oddly though.. but we have done this when we wanted a quick free visit.

We have plans for a new cache and hope to place it during the next week or two. The idea is interesting and is my Brothers concept,but we wont tell you what it is you will have to wait.It will be Perth based so good access to most people and easy to find we think.

I have noticed that no one has placed any outside of close perth area...Kalgoorlie would be a good place or the Nullabor.

We have tried e-mailing you GeoRoach guys but the mail bounces.Maybe try using a yahoo e-mail and forwarding it to your own e-mail.

Cheers all and see you out there some time Lyn Pat and Nathan

------------------

Lyn Pat and Nathan

Guest LazyLeopard

Well, I'm hoping to be in W.A. over Xmas, and might have time to do one or two of the caches while I'm there. I'm fairly new to the game so far though, and havn't yet hidden any caches myself...

------------------

Purrs... LazyLeopard

I agree Georoaches there are not enough. I am just jumping on board and should be putting up some geocaches shortly.

Have seen the ones you have placed on the www.geocaching.com website, and hope to go out this summer to find some of them.

Come on guys lets get this off the ground

------------------

Ben De Longis

bendelongis@hotmail.com

------------------------------------------------------------

Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan

affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room

munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!

Guest LynPatNat

It seems like the momentum is gathering.

Remember that if you dont place caches and visit them then there is no one to blame for it not happening except yourselves.So lets all make it happen and enjoy geocaching

------------------

Lyn Pat and Nathan

Guest Georoaches

Hiya

Yes, most caches are down south. Well, that is south of Perth.

But as I said previous, there are a small amount of caches in the WHOLE of WA when compared to the east!

Maybe you can hide one? icon_wink.gif

Good Hunting

Guest Georoaches

Hiya

Yes, most caches are down south. Well, that is south of Perth.

But as I said previous, there are a small amount of caches in the WHOLE of WA when compared to the east!

Maybe you can hide one? icon_wink.gif

Good Hunting

We have been adding a few more Caches..and We see that the numbers have grown bigger too in general. We have also noticed that most people will go to the city and ones close to the city but that there is a reluctance to travel or walk or place any real effort into finding the more difficult ones. We have tried a few and found them to be better as it makes a full day of geocaching..Maybe try it out on a hard one see what you think of it. Seeya ..Lyn Pat and Nathan