West Australian Meeting????

Coming from Karratha myself I understand your problem with distance Goldminer. I don't mind a bit of a trip to "meet half-way" but I know that many "Perthites" consider places like Mandurah out bush!!!! No offence meant to the locals!!

I am thinking that I will attempt to contact each team individually about a meeting since it seems like there are only the three of us that are using these boards at the moment. Will keep you all informed.

Happy Geocaching.

Hello, There are 2 of us. Myself Allan and Clint

We would be keen in a get together, with other geocachers. We live in the Perth Northern Suburbs, we do not mind traveling if it is not too far. Mandurah is not too far for us.

Just let us know.When and Where and we will work around it.

teri@iinet.net.au

Not a cache-hunter i'm a caver, while i'm not here to spoil your fun or anything just to ask that you are careful when in caves.

I have found three of your caches in caves so far and in the caves that i found them in i also found destruction of extreamly fragile cave life and significant damage to the cave itself. I don't blame anyone here but i'd just like people to be very careful when entering these areas.

Please don't light fires in caves, not even candles. The smoke kills cave life and threatens the cave itself. Tempreature causes collapses in caves please be careful.

Tread softly, most cave life is very small (<3mm) and often can't be seen easily. We have three unique species in the caves at yanchep that are extreamely endangered a careless step could kill an entire species.

Please don't explore caves on your own, contact a caver and they will be happy to show you around the cave safely.

Lastly please don't leave rubbish in caves.

I'd like to request no candles, matches, lighters, or food products in caches in caves.

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

PS A warning Entering a cave without the land owners permission, leaving anything in a cave or damageing a cave is illegal. Now unlike some other cavers i believe everyone should be allowed to visit caves and welcome people to do so but be very careful of leaving evidence that people have visited especially since the caves in question are monitored monthly.

Have fun folks, but please becareful.

Hi All

Well what agreat day we all had thanks to Ian & Sue of team Pathfinder.

Here are some of the logs after wards

mad106 the winners of the day

by MAD106 thanks heaps for a lovely day. It was nice to finally put some faces to the names. First to the treasure was an unexpected bonus so look out for the winners cache coming to a location near you soon!

by rayozzy

had a fun filled day with lots of walking. very well planed and setup. looking forward to more geo-caching picnic's. thank's

and

Thanks for the fantastic day Sue and Ian. We dont know how someone else will top this one as it worked flawlessly. It shows you put a lot of thinking into it. It was interesting to see that there was 3 distinct pronunciations of Cache used. (bit like tomato /tomato)Whats in a word...haha.We have the Olly Travel bug and have already placed him in a cache in Churchman Brook. Will log that soon. All the kids went home and slept they were worn out. Good turnout wasnt it.

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day: Winnie the Pooh