Geodashing team downunder??

Guest embi

Maybe the best place to learn about this is at the geodashing website. I'm pretty sure we dont have to meet and its probably better if we are spread out more....more dashpoints to collect. Anyone interested in joing an australian team can email me at mengland@ozemail.com.au. The teams can consist of only five people.

------------------

It's out there...let's go get it!

[This message has been edited by embi (edited 10 December 2001).]

Embi - I am already in team 5 corners - but there's not too much interest from the other team members recently. I may be interested in switching to an Aussie team, if only to beat those upstart Kiwis :-)

quote:
I am already in team 5 corners

Is this another aussie team?

quote:
if only to beat those upstart Kiwis :-)

What better reason than to beat the rest of the world?? We seem to do it in everything else! icon_smile.gif

------------------

quote:
I am already in team 5 corners

Is this another aussie team?

quote:
if only to beat those upstart Kiwis :-)

What better reason than to beat the rest of the world?? We seem to do it in everything else! icon_smile.gif

------------------

Guest rediguana

hing else!

Must be a different universe from the one we live in icon_wink.gif I seem to recall a few difficulties the Australians have had recently in a number of sports, cricket, rugby and soccer to name just a few... icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers Gav

Guest rediguana

hing else!

Must be a different universe from the one we live in icon_wink.gif I seem to recall a few difficulties the Australians have had recently in a number of sports, cricket, rugby and soccer to name just a few... icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers Gav

Guest rediguana

Seriously though, if we can get enough numbers, would you guys be interested in forming a northern vs southern hemisphere team? We could perhaps run it as a side bet to the current scoring in geodashing, and have 2 teams of 10 or 15 players from each hemisphere?

Cheers Gav

Guest Lyn and Gavin

We would probably be interested. Though will access less points with summer coming on. We heard a prediction of 40 days over 40° for South Australia!

That Geodashing site is painfully slow and many pages don't open....this morning at least.

Guest Lyn and Gavin

I finally got into the site properly and had a better look around, so yes, count us in. Though, as I said in my previous post, the summer may see us off to a slow start. We will be known as Team Matilda.

Just a quick tally

Lyn and Gavin - Sth Aust

Quasar - Vic

Horus - Tas

embi - Vic

Thats 5...how about we start a team guys?

------------------

[This message has been edited by embi (edited 16 December 2001).]

Because most of us have partners, we have decided that we will self regulate and our "couples" will act as one member of our team.

therefore,

Lyn and Gavin - Sth Aust (1 member)

Quasar - Vic (1 member)

Horus and Bastet - Tas (1 member)

Mark and Bec - Vic (1 member)

Thats 4 members! Any one else interested in joining the team?

footnote does anyone have reservations about us doing it this way?

------------------

Guest tgsnoopy

The only limitation to doing it that way is you must nominate one person in each couple at the beginning of each month as the team member. That member actually scores the points for your team, so it is important that you choose the partner who is most likely to get to the dashpoints each month. You can't have him getting to some and then her getting to others and trying to claim points for both.

The team members cannot change during the months game. For this reason Nemesis stepped down from TeamKiwi this month as he was unlikely to get many points, and KaimaiKid has joined because we tend to go tramping together, this will give TeamKiwi a few extra points this month.

quote:
Originally posted by embi:

I'd be up for it.. - I'm in melbourne on holidays for a couple of weeks, but I normally reside in Canberra, and travel fair ways around abouts on the weeks, since Canberry's so darn boring icon_smile.gif

'73

Damien (VK2TDG Mobile in Vic)

quote:
Originally posted by embi:

I'd be up for it.. - I'm in melbourne on holidays for a couple of weeks, but I normally reside in Canberra, and travel fair ways around abouts on the weeks, since Canberry's so darn boring icon_smile.gif

'73

Damien (VK2TDG Mobile in Vic)