Any SE Qld cachers around?

Guest Steve D

Guest Steve D

Myself and a couple of GPS equipped friends are looking to get a group of Geocache interested folks in the SE Qld area organised, particularly in the Brisbane to Gympie area (ie centered on the Sunshine Coast where we live) so please mail me at steve_devo2000@hotmail.com or post here if interested. Hoping to utilise the vast local forest areas, etc, for cache locations and so on. Also setting up an appropriate webpage for our local group, so ideas or additions most welcome!

Guest manblongami

Hi Steve,

I bought a GPS a few months ago from the shop here in Bouganville. Back home I come from Toowoomba. I have programmed in all the stash waypoints that appear on this site for SE QLD. Can't wait to get home and check them out on leave. I would like to be part of your SE QLD cache group. My email is stuart1975@hotmail.com. What ideas do you have?

Guest Steve D

"Just found this sites and am very interested. Are ther any caches around the SE corner??"

As far as I know there are only 2 caches as far as I know in teh SE Qld area, bith in the Brisbane area at this poitn and both listed on www.geocaching.com

One is a little west of the CBD, the other is SE out a fair way roughly along the gateway arterial.

I plan to be planting one in the immediate future between Caboolture and Caloundra shortly, plus one of my friends is planning his own cache also somewhere up this direction.

Suggest you keep an eye on the link above, particularly the Australia section, or for more info on my own activities youc an also check out http://www.ozemail.com.au/~gothmog/geocache.htm

Happy hunting!

Guest Steve D

Those who have been keeping watch on the "geocaching.com" website will of course know that there are 3 caches at this time in SE QLD - "Inner Brisbane 1" (west of CBD), Brian and Maureen's double banger (2 stage cache) "Brisbane South", and "Bravo Hotel" in the Gold Coast area.

As some of you know I've been promising to set my own new one for weeks now - it's been sitting on my bench waiting to be stashed, looking at me and making me feel guilty. Enough time wasted, all obstacles now aside, it's gonna be in the ground any day. Stay Tuned!!!!

Guest Slappin Rex

Hey Everybody

Yeah well welcome to me to the geocaching world. I am pumped about going out to the cache on the Glass House Mountains on Sunday afternoon for a good starter. I am only new to the game and found out about it through the Courier Mail this morning actually and I have read through all of the help guides and other bits and pieces I could find by the more experienced lads to get a good idea of what to do. I have 3 mates that have also signed up and we are the Random Acts of Idiocy because we enjoy doing idiotic things and we are spontaneous at doing them. Geocaching sounds like the perfect pastime for us all as we already enjoy driving off the beaten track in our automobiles and camping out in the hinterland and drinking too much. Guess my age??? Hahahahaha no but we are seriously all interested and excited about this wonderous sport and we have got GPS's and all that but they are getting on so I am off to buy a new one with my next pay cheque and if anyone has any ideas as to what would be best for this lovely sport then please let me know.

Stay Safe and Look Out for Our Cards in your cache's very soon. Cheers

------------------

-------------------------

The Random Acts of Idiocy

Guest shaveice

Hi Steve, I have just joined and live on the Gold Coast and have a boat...so I could do some pretty tricky cache's...would island caches put people off?...I would like to know if anyone from around here would like to join a local group...also..what does the log book in cache's have in it(format wise)?

Guest Slappin Rex

I also would like to know the normal format of a geocache log book but then I may just have to go and find one and see what others have put in there's.

------------------

The Random Acts of Idiocy

Guest Steve D

Cache logbooks can have any kind of format that the cache creator desires though the usual thing is an intro page up front (mainly for the benefit of first timers I guess) then the log itself usually has columns for info such as date and time or find, name of person or people locating it, sometimes an area for what items have been removed / added to the cache, a general comments area, etc.

On a slightly different note I have been absent from this arena for a while but am now back again and keen to stash / hunt more caches in the SE Qld area, so the more people we get onboard for this sport the better for us all.

On the topic of island caches, etc ... none fo my GPS equipped friends bar one has a boat so offshore caches woudl be impossible for us ... most of my friends are 4wd equipped but I have deliberately avoided plantign a cache in an area where 4wd access is essential, so as to keep the sport a bit more broadly appealing. Still, basically if you want to create a cache then YOU set the rules! :-)

Go for it, see what happens, let us know.

One good rule, if you plant a cache make sure youc an check on it's location, condition, etc fairly regularly ... every 2-4 weeks maybe?

Guest rastas

friendly (Supervision required).

Next one is set and will be put on line next week. It is a Multi Stage Virtual cache, with a historic theme.

Seeya on the search!!

Bob

[This message has been edited by rastas (edited 13 October 2001).]