GeoPaintball.

SteelRat

Here's a thought.

A friend of mine runs a Paintball operation, mostly in bushland. For anyone who hasn't tried it, paintball is a lot of fun, though certainly more action oriented than geocaching.

I've been thinking of ways to combine the two (just can't leave a good idea alone). So far my thoughts have been running along the lines of:

-Have a number of flags (or other objectives) hidden in various places across a number of consecutive fields. Have each team (possibly more than just two) hunt them down after being given the co-ords on a sheet of paper, having entered them into their GPS's manually. Most finds within 10-20 minutes wins.

-have a single objective hidden, with the co-ords issued as above. First to find it, then take to a 2nd set of co-ords (different ones for each team) wins.

- a team is given a set of waypoints/items to locate in series. The other team/s are required to stop them within 15 minutes.

Variations on a theme are possible (limit the number of pellets per person, then make the objectives a cache of pellets to increase your chances of 'survival')(only one powered GPS to start with, then battries at the first cache for the next one to increase chances of finding more caches quickly) and so on.

I'm curious to know if anyone is interested in this sort of thing, or if you have any ideas of your own.

It looks like a lot of people were at least INITIALLY interested enough to look at this topic, but not interested enough to post a reply/comment. icon_rolleyes.gif

Guess that the general Geocaching population just can't stand the idea of someone firing paint pellets at them while they study their GPS screen. icon_biggrin.gif

Oh well, guess I'll have to shelve this idea for a much later date. icon_frown.gif

I was just talking to a couple of paintball players tonight about this. I gave them a quick idea of what geocaching was all about and told them my some of my idea's about how to combine the 2 sports. They were definately into it. My thoughts were along the same line as yours. Geo Capture the flag(s).

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.