Bug: Miscalculation of points for Signal's Labyrinth

icemac

Hi,

today I started with Signal's Labyrinth.

I found 5 caches after 12:00 UTC: 4 traditionals (none with more than 10 favourite points) and 1 mystery so I'd have expected to get 4 * 15 + 25 = 85 points for Signal's Labyrinth.

But I just got 45 points.

I did nor create any drafts before 12:00 UTC and the first found was correctly logged with 15 points. So the problem must have occurred at the following logs.

This seems like a bug to me.

Does anyone have similar problems?

Is there a way to get this fixed?

Best regards,

icemac

• Funny 1
2 hours ago, icemac said:

Hi,

I found 5 caches after 12:00 UTC: 4 traditionals (none with more than 10 favourite points) and 1 mystery so I'd have expected to get 4 * 15 + 25 = 85 points for Signal's Labyrinth.

I did nor create any drafts before 12:00 UTC and the first found was correctly logged with 15 points. So the problem must have occurred at the following logs.

Best regards,

icemac

You can hope someone responds here or in the forum thread that is already started for this promotion. Or try re-logging. 

3 hours ago, icemac said:

Hi,

Best regards,

icemac

I checked my friend's points on my leaderboard and they all seem to be correct.

You should have 45 points just for your puzzle find.

Edited by Max and 99

Hi,

my points are also not correct.

Logged yesterday evening 1 Mystery - right 25 points - then logged 2 more mysteries - no more points are seen. Still 25 points.

Also on new dashboard there is only the first log seen - on old dashboard there are the three logs seen.

Greetings,

Etaner7

signals labyrinth.PNG

new dashboard.PNG

old dashboard.PNG

Edited by Etaner7

My leaderboard looks like this:

1386696984_Bildschirmfoto2022-04-05um09_42_54.png.9704a0cdf6b99392da8e4263ff08f9e4.png

So just scores for 3 traditionals but none for the mystery.

The order of the logs was:

863893883_Bildschirmfoto2022-04-04um20_20_07.thumb.png.362741ac1b2ca113f8cbd8618e1069ad.png

So I got points for the 1st, 2nd and 4th log.

I did not change any log types, just created them on the iOS app as drafts and logged them using the browser later on (the support for the trackables is better in the browser.)

I deleted the logs of the caches which do not show up on the leaderbord. (as suggested in the blog post of HQ.)

After logging them again, they now show up there and I have the expected 85 points.

I hope these problems are just start-up problems: I do not want to log every other cache twice.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
6 hours ago, icemac said:

I deleted the logs of the caches which do not show up on the leaderbord. (as suggested in the blog post of HQ.)

After logging them again, they now show up there and I have the expected 85 points.

I hope these problems are just start-up problems: I do not want to log every other cache twice.

I hear you!

I logged a mystery cache yesterday April 5, 2022 around 6:30PM CT and my point total is showing zero, "0". I haven't tried deleting and re-entering it yet.  I used CGEO on my Android phone to log.  Could using CGEO to log be the issue?  Sounded like the issue was already fixed when I put my log in.

Thanks,

B7

• Surprised 1

Not sure if this was reported.  My son and I attended 2 events today (one being a CITO) -  found and logged two mystery caches and one multi cache.

But points are only showing for the two mystery caches and the one multi cache.   I realize that, strictly speaking, an attended log isn't a "found" log.

But shouldn't there be points anyway?

Edited by gcstraggler
wrong word
  • Funny 1
5 minutes ago, gcstraggler said:

Not sure if this was reported.  My son and I attended 2 events today (one being a CITO) -  found and logged to mystery caches and one multi cache.

But points are only showing for the two mystery caches and the one multi cache.   I realize that, strictly speaking, an attended log isn't a "found" log.

But shouldn't there be points anyway?

That's up to HQ to decide. You're not the only one who has pointed out they do not get points for attending an event. Maybe a future labyrinth will provide that opportunity, but for now you get no points for attending an event.

Edited by Max and 99
42 minutes ago, Bloyceramblers said:

This happened to me today, logged 14 caches and only given points for 9 🤷🏻‍♀️ So what should I do delete the last 5 logs and do them again? 

I see 15 logs but unfortunately I cannot see your points. Without any special signal items I calculate you should have 225  points.

Same issue, we visited 15 caches today, my points total is currently on 190.

When checking my dashboard, the Latest Activity for today, which should go from 1 to 14 for the route we walked (and one loose one) is missing the numbers 4,8,10,12 and 13.

Checking my logs, I have 15 entries.

28 minutes ago, Bloyceramblers said:

1CAF93E5-B1E4-4BED-9692-675B30784401.jpeg

I missed one cuz I misremembered the start date. The leaderboard is missing five of your traditional geocaches: #64, 62, 61, 59, and 57. That would give you 75 additional points!

If it was me I would try re-logging those five. I assume none of them were originally logged as a note and change to a found it? 

2 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I missed one cuz I misremembered the start date. The leaderboard is missing five of your traditional geocaches: #64, 62, 61, 59, and 57. That would give you 75 additional points!

If it was me I would try re-logging those five. I assume none of them were originally logged as a note and change to a found it? 

All logged as found using Cachly so strange it’s done that! I will message the CO just to make them aware that I shall be deleting those logs and re-submitting. Bizarre 🙄

21 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Thanks I’ve deleted the logs and resubmitted and now have 305! Points 

My caching partner (GeoGuider) and I have found EXACTLY the same caches on the same day since the start of this promo. As of this writing 22:30 MDT, I have 635 points and she has 455 (difference is 180 or 3*60). I have 4 labyrinth items, she has 1. Difference - 3 @ 60 points = 180.

Explanation please?

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
28 minutes ago, j0ckser said:

My caching partner (GeoGuider) and I have found EXACTLY the same caches on the same day since the start of this promo. As of this writing 22:30 MDT, I have 635 points and she has 455 (difference is 180 or 3*60). I have 4 labyrinth items, she has 1. Difference - 3 @ 60 points = 180.

Explanation please?

Signal's items are completely randomly given. Random!!! It doesn't matter if you find exactly the same caches as someone else. You may get none and they may get 10 for the same geocaches. That's just the way the promotion is set up.

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/371196-signals-labyrinth-memory-lane/

Edited by Max and 99