Travel Bugs in Australia???

Guest cracka

Hi all,

I was hoping some one might be able to help....

Are there any resellers of Travel Bugs in Australia. I have searched high and low for them but cannot find them anywhere. I checked ebay.com.au and sold.com.au and some local GPS retailers and no one could help me and I do not wish to purchase them from America.

I find the concept of them quite good, giving them a hopeful destination and/or travel route and see how they go. I have seen that some people have attached tages to certain items and given them a "Travel Bug" challenge so to speak (for example "Gnomes Holiday" by Lyn, Pat and Nathan, located in Perth WA's Kings Park). But I would still like to get my hand on a couple of them to put in my own caches.

This brings me to another question, which is about the 'Write in the Rain' Log Books. Does anyone know where to get them. I am in WA and a local seller would be great, but I have no problems with interstate/Australian auctions sits.

Thanks in advance.

------------------

Ben De Longis

bendelongis@hotmail.com

------------------------------------------------------------

Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan

affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room

munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!

Guest hgmonaro

I'm amused, what did the GPS retailer say when your mentioned Travel Bugs? Get a lot of blank stares? Did you then have to explain geocaching? I think the only source of 'official' travel bugs was the website.

a good way to attract customers. A good marketing strategy if I ever saw one.........

I wont say what sort of reply I got when I meantioned the words 'Travel Bugs'. It seems as if that those particular words invoke ridicule umongst some people. But anyhow, they lost a sale.......

Guest HunterGatherer

What we've had to do here in NZ is contact the Groundspeak guys through a group spokesperson. Our man Red took orders for everybody on our forums and placed an order directly to jeremy. he's gonna act as a reseller here in NZ.

The only trouble is: all the cachers here in NZ have now bought Bugs... guess what item your likely to find if you ever come caching in NZ?

That sounds like a good idea to me........

If I were to import some from America, would there be a demand here in Australia??? At the moment I think not.

If you are interested, send me an email, if I get a large enough request, it might be worthwhile in doing it. I can conduct the sales over eBay.com.au making them available to people across Australia.

Please let me know if you are interested on my email below.

------------------

Ben De Longis

bendelongis@hotmail.com

------------------------------------------------------------

Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan

affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room

munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!

I added my order with the Kiwis group order.

It might be to late though now to add with thiers.....its been finalised I think

And the only place you can get them is through geocaching.com GPS stores here in Australia will most likely have no idea.

------------------

It's out there...let's go get it!

[This message has been edited by embi (edited 21 November 2001).]

Guest Lyn and Gavin

Just found this old post. Apart from the 'free' ones, did anybody find out or do anything about getting any of the gear in a bit cheaper? I want a t-shirt and peaked cap icon_frown.gif but the exchange rate is a killer.

Guest Lyn and Gavin

Just found this old post. Apart from the 'free' ones, did anybody find out or do anything about getting any of the gear in a bit cheaper? I want a t-shirt and peaked cap icon_frown.gif but the exchange rate is a killer.