Aussie volunteer wanted

Cholo

If you live near Alice Springs, Longreach, Mt Newman, Rockhampton, Roma or don't mind traveling near any of these places, then check the following:

Do you take interesting photos? Look into Crusso's "Where's In A Name?" cache gc3153. My user name coordinate is 24deg. 33.6min.(24 33.6), this can be N, S, E, or W. You may add numbers on the end of 33.6 and the intersecting coordinate is your choice. If you're interested, please contact me.

My family, also known as SNAFUADV Team, are passing through all of those places during the next week on their way back to Darwin from Sydney. This is a trek of over 4500 kms.

They have a printout of this letter and the instructions on what to do so lets hope that they can help you out.

It takes about 4 to 5 days for the trip and this is the third year they have done it.They have about 6 weeks vacation and 10 days of it are spent travelling. They have had one break down since they left here yesterday. Their trailer wheel bearings seized up. Mum and Dad to the rescue.There are parts of the trip where they won't see anyone for hours on end. Such is the outback of Australia.

quote:
Originally posted by SNIFTER:

It takes about 4 to 5 days for the trip and this is the third year they have done it.They have about 6 weeks vacation and 10 days of it are spent travelling. They have had one break down since they left here yesterday. Their trailer wheel bearings seized up. Mum and Dad to the rescue.There are parts of the trip where they won't see anyone for hours on end. Such is the outback of Australia.

It's been over a week now. Back in '83 I took a solo road trip from Waukegan, Il thru Iowa, S. Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, and back. It was over 5000 miles, and except for AZ(where my brother lives), the best parts had the fewest people. Las Vegas was the biggest disappointment, and it had nothing to do with gambling. The guy who invented the jackalope should be shot. His offspring are probably responsible for cyber-spam.

quote:
Originally posted by Cholo:

If you live near Alice Springs, Longreach, Mt Newman, Rockhampton, Roma or don't mind traveling near any of these places, then check the following:

Do you take interesting photos? Look into Crusso's "Where's In A Name?" cache gc3153. My user name coordinate is 24deg. 33.6min.(24 33.6), this can be N, S, E, or W. You may add numbers on the end of 33.6 and the intersecting coordinate is your choice. If you're interested, please contact me.

Erwast from Finland sent me photos that he'd taken at E024 33.604 x N60 12.341. These are good scenic photos and can be seen at the gc3153 site. I don't think that there's a rule against logging this cache more than once. As a matter of fact, I think the more photos of different areas of the world, the better.

quote:

quote:

Erwast from Finland sent me photos that he'd taken at E024 33.604 x N60 12.341. These are good scenic photos and can be seen at the gc3153 site. I don't think that there's a rule against logging this cache more than once. As a matter of fact, I think the more photos of different areas of the world, the better.

I can log this cache again only as the photographer of someone elses user name coordinates. Therefore, my user name coordinates are now invalid, for me. If someone else has the same user name coordinates, that's a different story.