Link to cache page from draft not working

GeoJaxx

From the drafts page there are two clickable locations - The edit icon which works as expected and takes you to the edit page and also the cache name which should take you to the cache page but this is not working as it also going to the edit screen.  There is now no clickable link from drafts page to look at the original cache page.

• Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1

I cannot reproduce this behavior.

If I use the page without extensions, there is only one clickable location. This is to compose the Log.

If I use the GClh extension, the name is clickable and open the cachelisting page.

A link to the Cachepage was requested many times in

but AFAIK never released.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, GeoJaxx said:

There is now no clickable link from drafts page to look at the original cache page.

While this is correct I'm pretty sure it's always been that way. I do all my logging via the Drafts page and I have never selectively clicked on the pencil icon, I just click anywhere within the white box and it always takes me to the edit log page,  I don't have the GClh addon.

2 hours ago, MartyBartfast said:

While this is correct I'm pretty sure it's always been that way. I do all my logging via the Drafts page and I have never selectively clicked on the pencil icon, I just click anywhere within the white box and it always takes me to the edit log page

And once you have your draft log in front of you to edit, there IS a clickable link to the cache page (the cache title).  If I need to see the cache page, I can right click and open the link in a new tab, see whatever it may be that I need to see to refresh my memory about that particular cache, then go back to my draft tab and complete the log. 

Edited by CAVinoGal
typo correction
  • Helpful 1

15 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

And once you have your draft log in front of you to edit, there IS a clickable link to the cache page (the cache title).  If I need to see the cache page, I can right click and open the link in a new tab, see whatever it may be that I need to see to refresh my memory about that particular cache, then go back to my draft tab and complete the log. 

Unfortunately there is no clickable link to the cache page in my drafts.
Unbenannt.JPG.df9b1b41eafae3b304992bce53ae896a.JPG

Maybe you use an add on to do this.

14 hours ago, GeoJaxx said:

Was it only on the old version that  we could follow a link to the cache page directly from the list of drafts?

Yes, that's right.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

I am seeing exactly this. 

On 4/3/2022 at 12:13 AM, 2Abendsegler said:

Unfortunately there is no clickable link to the cache page in my drafts.
Unbenannt.JPG.df9b1b41eafae3b304992bce53ae896a.JPG

Maybe you use an add on to do this.

It looks like you are still trying to see the clickable link from the drafts LIST page, not the actual draft EDIT page.  Once you click on a draft in the list to edit it, the cache title DOES become clickable.  Yes, it's one more click to get to see the cache page, but I don't always need to see the full cache page to write my log from the draft. If I do, it's simple enough to get to the cache page from my editing page.  Saving the edited draft on the website would be a nice option, but that's already been brought up in another thread.

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1