Trackable Name Editing

vinyrd

9 minutes ago, vinyrd said:

When ever anybody logs my trackable it come up showing the name that I gave it plus in parenthesis there is another name from the event it got it at. How do I remove this second name? You

You can't. It's the icon name? I'm sure there's a better way to phrase that.

Edited by Max and 99
9 minutes ago, vinyrd said:

Not really sure what that means.

Another example is when someone log a cache it shows as :cache name ( Traditional Cache), but in my case it says (Event Name Souvenir)

Event name souvenir probably refers to a special event in which you get a souvenir for attending?

Regarding the trackable you can call it whatever you want but it doesn't change the icon that comes with the trackable you purchased. For example this is a Virgo tag trackable but I called the TB what I wanted to.

Screenshot_20220331-145426.png

Another example is when someone log a cache it shows as :cache name ( Traditional Cache), but in my case it says (Event Name Souvenir)

I'll try to get the same picture you have, but mine shows the trackable bug symbol and vinyrd

I just noticed at the top of my screen where it shows what website your at it show (TB6N...) Event Name Souuvenir

IMG_2244.PNG

Edited by vinyrd

I'll try to get the same picture you have, but mine shows the trackable bug symbol and vinyrd

I just noticed at the top of my screen where it shows what website your at it show (TB6N...) Event Name Souuvenir

Thanks for your help

If you go to your profile page on the website, and then click on the trackables tab, you will see all the TB's you have discovered or moved, and on the right side is a list of your TB's owned.  Some are generic "Travel Bug Dog Tags", others have been designated as other types of tags by Geocaching HQ.  That desgination is what you are seeing in the notifications - the name you have given the TB "vinyrd", and then the official designation by HQ in parentheses.

I get notifications for a couple of mine like this:
Zippy Turtle (Travel Bug Dog Tag)

Corky the Frog Travel Tag (Signal the Frog Travel Tag)

Friendly Troop 482 Traveler (Community Volunteers Tag)

Just a few of the ones I have renamed, but the notifications will always have the opriginal HQ naming.  The icon cannot be changed, and someone logging only sees the name you have given it.  YOU see the HQ designated name as well as the name you gave it.

Hope that clears things up for you?

• Upvote 1