only me?

Jayeffel

I tried to search for new caches and only got favorites, and then saw the search page on geocaching.com is rearranged . Is that only for  me or is there a change made? 

As long as I pay attention to which box to select I'll be okay. Just caught me off guard.

Edit 3/30: So I made myself clear,  when opening the Geocaching.com website and then selecting "Play" under quick searched there are three choices. It used to be , al least for a little while, "Traditionals", "Most Favorited", and "Newest Caches" in the order. I got used to that and when selecting the right choice I expected  a list of newest caches I look at frequently. Instead I saw a different list I did not recognize. It took a few tries to realize the change

Now the Newest Cache choice is second , not third. Now that I know that I am ready. It seems to work okay for me to find caches once I select Newest Caches.

I get email notification of new caches in the selected area, but to keep track of those found/not finding  I use the website. 

Edited by Jayeffel
  • Funny 2

What I had reffered to originally write the note was I could not use the New Cache category to find new ones, then noticed that the placement of two categories were switched positions. I could then find new caches by using the option now that I knew where it was.

Now New Caches seems all messed up. What I did before was go to that option to find, track, watch news caches within a certain radius. Now it shows caches based on some other area. 

Not only do I need to go search for new caches, I also need to some how search for the information that they exist!

I do have email notification thank goodness.

• Funny 1

What I see when using the Play- Search sequence on the geocaching.com website are three options to choose from, and I would imagine all see these.

First is a selection Traditional, and when I select that I get a list of traditional caches starting near my home. I have not used it but looking down the list it looks ok.

Second is a choice for Newest Caches . It used to show listed caches that were newly published based on date of publishing and home location. I could use this to identify caches I could look for and also watch them for several reasons. Now when going to that option I get a list of caches based on a location about 25 miles east of home. Not only new ones are shown.

Thirdly an option for Most Favorited Caches is shown. When looking at the first two pages of caches none show any indications of being marked as Favorite.

I really only use the Newest Cache option, built am aware of the other two because I see them. It would be beneficial if the option actually showed what it did previously.

• Helpful 1