CACHE COMMENT

M&Ms

On a maintenance visit to the Crack of Doom I was impressed by the quality of swap-outs it contained. It is nice to people swapping upwards. Thank you.

In the approach wadi, the pools are full and contain many Triops. Certainly the first time I have seen them in their natural environment. The vegetation is green and comprises a remarkable amount of barley.

M of M&Ms

….. oh the doubting Thomases. There is plenty of evidence as you descend to the Tomb of Lord Jimbo that this was once a camel trail. However if you go on past the tomb and drop to the wadi bottom then you will have all the evidence you need. This lower part is second only to Camel Trail 1 in demonstrating the ancient engineering prowess of those that lived here in the times of yore. Perhaps I am not telling the entire truth. If you look hard on Camel Trail 2 you will see what must have been an immense structure that in its time must have been very impressive, though now it is derelict and not very obvious particularly if you don’t know where to look.

M of M&Ms

HOLE IN THE WALL

icon_eek.gif On a maintenance visit I found the wall in which the cache had been set, replaced and the cache gone. Regrettably the new wall has no suitable hole and believing that a maintenance check did not involve rebuilding a new wall I have no choice but to take the cache out of use. That said it is such a cracking cache for beginners that I will replace it with something in the immediate area.