Finds by Hidden date in GCProject

In November last year I completed my Finds by Hidden Date calender. It was nice to see that all squares were green.

But a week ago I noticed that February 5th is now open. That was a real shock to me. 

Can anyone give me an explication for that? 

And can this also happen with my Finds by Hidden Month?

32 minutes ago, jisperveld said:

And can this also happen with my Finds by Hidden Month?

Theoretically yes, but it is not likely to happen with the old ones where it matters. You can only change the hidden date to up to a year in the past, so for anything older than that the owner can not adjust the hidden date without getting it all wrong.

I have also on occasion adjusted the hidden date to match the publication date, but only for caches where the publication date/time is known in advance so I can get it done before that. Best would be if cache owners refrained from changing anything (date, D/T, size, attributes, ...) after publication. Some people chase stats, and they are allowed to do that if they like. Some people try to qualify for challenges, and that is also perfectly OK. Athough a CO is also allowed to change all these things after publication, I see no need to do so when this obviously creates problems.

5 minutes ago, fuzziebear3 said:

The other possibility is that your log was deleted for a cache that you had on that day.

Aren't you notified if one of your logs is deleted? I certainly hope so, otherwise I must produce a nonvolatile list of my streak in case someone would remove one of those logs.

7 hours ago, Keystone said:

A cache owner could have edited their hidden date.  For example, if the CO submitted their cache for review on February 5th, but it wasn't published until February 17th, the CO may have gone in later to change the date to match the date of publication.

I think this is the case here. So I assume it must be a cache publiced this year Februari 5th, since it is only possible to change the hidden date within 1 year after publising according to ChriBli.