Using Safari

GrateBear

I usually use the Safari browser for geocaching.com, but it's beginning to be a problem, mostly with the map.  When I click for the larger map on a cache page, or even the map icon in a list, I get the message "Safari cannot open the page".  Usually when I go back and re-do it, it opens. But now, I get the message several times in a row. 

Anyone else have this problem?  Or know a fix?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 3

Yes, I have exactly the same issue. Has been a problem for months.

Same goes for loading 'messages' page which is just blank. Its all effing annoying.

Safari Version 15.3 (17612.4.9.1.8)

macOS Monterey ver12.2.1

Yes, I've cleared cache and restarted. Works for an hour or two, maybe a day then back to being a problem.

• Upvote 1

I've had this same problem for months (maybe years, it's been so long, I've lost track!). My day to day browser has always been Safari, and I don't want to have to switch back and forth between it and Chrome (or Firefox) just to view geocache map pages. What a pain. Invariably wanting to choose a satellite view the screen displays the same errors as Max and 99 posted, and the "Safari cannot open the page" error as well. Wish they would nail down the solution and fix it -- there's got to be thousands of (PAYING!) users that have the same issues. Same goes for Messages -- sometimes have to reload the page multiple times before it displays correctly. Come on guys...

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1

Same issue.  I went to Customer Service on the website to report, and it asked me to report here.  

Having the same problem with the Safari map and other spots on the website, but I have not been keeping track of which ones. I will start keeping better track of when I get the error. I've attached a screenshot of the error I receive when I open the GC website, already signed in, and click on play> view map. Usually able to refresh once and get the map to come up, but sometimes it takes a few tries. This doesn't seem to happen on my mobile device, but rather just on my MacBook Pro (Late 2013) running Safari 15.4 and MacOS 11.6.8.  I have been having the error for close to a year, so through at least a few minor software updates.

Thanks for looking into it, Geocaching.com.

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 4.10.15 PM.png