Keyword

Dickslost

A few days ago I ran one of my existing ALs in test mode after making some changes to one of the locations. I noticed that, after I selected Test Mode, it took quite a while, maybe four or five seconds, before the QR image on the builder page changed to the test mode one. Make sure you wait for that to happen before scanning it with your phone.

14 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Maybe that's why they don't want us to delete it, we get to start all over and create a new one! JK 😁

I think that would be a good outcome if you had to kill off an AL because it was no longer viable, for example if the park where all the locations are is bulldozed and converted into something else. Around here, ALs have stagnated. There was a bunch of them (nine) that appeared in the second half of 2020 but only two since then, and if eventually those old ones get permanently turned off for whatever reason, their owners won't be able to create anything new to replace them.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

I think that would be a good outcome if you had to kill off an AL because it was no longer viable, for example if the park where all the locations are is bulldozed and converted into something else. Around here, ALs have stagnated. There was a bunch of them (nine) that appeared in the second half of 2020 but only two since then, and if eventually those old ones get permanently turned off for whatever reason, their owners won't be able to create anything new to replace them.

I would much rather see this outcome than Adventure Labs where each location is changed so much that it is unrecognizable to the people who originally completed it. But I wonder how deleting one would affect those who completed it. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, PiratencrewDK said:

A reviewer told me, that if you delete the AL the found logs of the cachers, how already played your AL will disappear.

If that's the case, and I've always suspected it probably is, I really don't understand why HQ refuse to actually warn about that in the Builder Guide or respond to any questions about it here. Or even why the Delete button isn't permanently greyed out from the moment you set an AL to Public.

• Love 3