Need help (again) with my Garmin Oregon 700

Usually when I selct a cache, the screen shows the map and at the top, a compass and distance.  Every so often, the compass and distance disappear, leaving only the map with a line to the cache.  I always struggle to get that screen back.  Have just tried to do that and can't find it.  How do I get the compass back?

Thanks,.

21 hours ago, GrateBear said:

Never mind--figured it out.  

It was this arrow icon, right?  It gets set easily, yet it’s somewhat non-intuitive.  Tap to slide the dashboard out of view or into view, but it looks like something you drag.  Took me a while to figure out, the first time it happened to me. :cute:

76B7BC20-05F0-4074-8ACC-5097536FEC3F.jpeg

Edited by kunarion
On 3/15/2022 at 8:19 PM, Atlas Cached said:

Perhaps you could enlighten us all so that future forum readers may find the answer you discovered?

And that's my other problem--I fumble my way to the solution, then can't figure out how I got there.  I think I start with Setup, and go from there.  Maybe Map/Dashboard.  Next time it happens, I'll take notes.  

On 3/16/2022 at 5:09 AM, kunarion said:

It was this arrow icon, right?  It gets set easily, yet it’s somewhat non-intuitive.  Tap to slide the dashboard out of view or into view, but it looks like something you drag.  Took me a while to figure out, the first time it happened to me. :cute:

76B7BC20-05F0-4074-8ACC-5097536FEC3F.jpeg

Yep, that's the one.  I have no idea what I do to lose that screen.  Next time it happens, I'll take pix and post how I got it back.

• Helpful 2