Download GPX on cache page no longer gives option to open file in GSAK

wandering4cache

Windows 10 desktop.

Firebox browser.  Also same in Edge browser.

Previously, when clicking on "Download GPX" on a cache page, you were given option to save file to computer, or for it to open / save in GSAK.  Now no dialog box of options and goes only to save in computer.   Friends confirmed the same.

I have confirmed the GPX files in computer, are still associated with opening GSAK when opening the file.

Currently having to save file to computer.  Open GPX to save to GSAK.  Then go back & delete GPX file from computer as just creating junk files.

13 minutes ago, wandering4cache said:

Windows 10 desktop.

Firebox browser.  Also same in Edge browser.

Previously, when clicking on "Download GPX" on a cache page, you were given option to save file to computer, or for it to open / save in GSAK.  Now no dialog box of options and goes only to save in computer.   Friends confirmed the same.

I have confirmed the GPX files in computer, are still associated with opening GSAK when opening the file.

Currently having to save file to computer.  Open GPX to save to GSAK.  Then go back & delete GPX file from computer as just creating junk files.

That dialog box is a function of the browser, not the website, and is controlled from the Firefox settings. In there, you'll see this:

image.png.f25f0da3dbedde97b765541058416839.png

Change the setting for GPX file to "Always ask" and you should get the dialog box back.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, barefootjeff said:

That dialog box is a function of the browser, not the website, and is controlled from the Firefox settings. In there, you'll see this:

image.png.f25f0da3dbedde97b765541058416839.png

Change the setting for GPX file to "Always ask" and you should get the dialog box back.

Thank you.  I've got it opening to GSAK now, but can't seem to get it to stop also saving the file to computer which is something it didn't do before.  So I still need to delete the file.  In the settings, there doesn't seem to be an option to NOT save it the file.  I will keep playing I guess.  Wish they didn't fix things that weren't broken.  So much for progress.