Old questions to the Dutch community (before 11-11-2011)

Night Crawlers

Hallo dear geocacher-friends from the netherlands.

Does anyone know the geocacher "Liewe"? He seems to live in the region of Groningen. He took a TB (TB27RPQ, an.a.bels Wanderschuh vom Gosausee) in May 2010 and does not respond to any mails. Maybe someone can help?

Best regards

Dietmar

Edited by Das Murmeltier

Hello,

I'm from the groningen region, and I saw he logged also some caches from us. But I don't know him. But I will post you're question alsoe on the forum of the dutch geocaching site [geocaching.nl]. Lots of people there are not visiting this site, so maybe something comes up there.

We're planning to holiday for 10 days near Eindhoven and would welcome some recommendations of caches suitable for our family.

We have basic Dutch, German and French and 8km would probably be the maximum walk our 11 & 12 year olds could manage - their favourite caching would be a circuit of traditionals around a national park or something similar.

Any suggestions?

Hi Lydford Locators!

You are very welcome in Eindhoven!

Of course I can highly recommend our own cache Sightseeing & shopping in Eindhoven (GC1PZH0), this route is in the center of Eindhoven and as you can see the description is also available in English. Do solve the questions for our IEEE Region 8 (GC2FH3K ) cache as well, this mystery is part of a global cache series of (when they are all in place) 10 caches and a bonus and of course no better place to start than in Eindhoven! But these aren't in a park, so maybe not interesting for you? Not sure what kind of national park you'll expect, but be aware that especially in rural areas you'll find more multicaches than traditionals. So longer hikes with a nice big ammo at the end. Within the geocaching community, the Netherlands is often called the country of multi caches (some see this as something positive and some do not...). But there is a large variety of caches, so don't worry, we even have lots of carpool caches for which you hardly have to get out of your car! The nearest nightcache that is also suitable for children is Schat der Tempeliers (GC1BKWM).

Just let me know which caches you are thinking of (are you staying in Eindhoven or in a village nearby?) and if you need help with translation and I'll do my best to help you (just contact us via our profile). Don't know when you'll be in/near Eindhoven, but of course we could meet and/or be available by phone in case you need help while caching, unless of course we are travelling ourselves at that time!

greetings,

irisisleuk

Hello there,

I will be traveling from Atlanta, GA USA area to Europe on June 23-July 11th. I will be traveling with some students that I would like to introduce geocaching to. Can someone tell me what easy caches there are near the Anne Frank house as that is one of our stops. I will be bringing travel bugs with me from the States to leave in Europe. If you have any travel bugs that would like me to bring back to the States, I can do that too! Of course, if you'd like to meet up as well, let me know! Please email me directly if you can help!

Thank you very much. I hope my translation was accurate!!!

-Corey

Hello daar, Ik zal van Atlanta, het gebied van GA de V.S. aan Europa op Juni 11 23-juli reizen. Ik zal met sommige studenten reizen wie zou willen introduceren ik het geocaching aan. Kan iemand me vertellen welke gemakkelijke geheime voorgeheugens er dichtbij het huis zijn van Anne Frank zoals dat één van onze einden is. Ik zal reisinsecten met me van de staten om in Europa brengen weg te gaan. Als u om het even welke reisinsecten hebt die me terug naar de Staten zouden willen brengen, kan ik dat ook doen! Gelieve te versturen direct me met de elektronische post als u kunt helpen! Natuurlijk, als you' D houdt van omhoog eveneens samen te komen, me laten het weten! Dank u zeer. Ik hoop mijn vertaling!! nauwkeurig was! - Corey

Hi everybody!

Sorry for killing the language!!!

I just got my itinerary ... here's where we will be staying. Please let me know what cache is in the immediate area and then I can do a search.

Holiday Inn Ljmuiden

Kennemerboulevard 250

Ljemuiden

1976 EG

Thanks for all your help!

-TP/corey

Hi everybody!

Sorry for killing the language!!!

I just got my itinerary ... here's where we will be staying. Please let me know what cache is in the immediate area and then I can do a search.

Holiday Inn Ljmuiden

Kennemerboulevard 250

Ljemuiden

1976 EG

Thanks for all your help!

-TP/corey

You wrote Ljmuiden, this is wrong, it should be ijmuiden (L should be I). Just do a search on the geocaching website on ijmuiden and you'll find the caches there. Nearest to your hotel is not easiest btw, that's Forteiland. But you can't reach that cache easily, according to the logs you can only visit this island with an excursion (but maybe you'll go there on an excursion, since you must be staying in IJmuiden for some reason).

There is a cache near by the hotel called pierewaaien GC19f82 it's a multi

The only problem is that you will need somebody to translate the dutch language

Good luck

Thanks JOS59 .... if anybody is willing to help out, please let me know! You can contact me at CPGEurope2011@gmail.com

Thanks!

Hoi everyone

Does any one know of Geocachers' that post information in English and Dutch? My Dutch is not that good and would love to get the correct information in English too. Geocachering in Flevoland is a good way to learn Dutch, but I am having to put the descriptions through google translate and I think I might be missing some good information haha.

I am new to this, so thought I would ask.

Thanks and happy Geocaching :)

Emma

Hi Emma,

Start by contacting the cache owner. They might have an English translation of their cache. If otherwise you have difficulties with specific cache translations, you can always ask here and get some help from the community.

Many thanks Marcel, that sounds like a good starting point.

Emma

If it helps any, I recently started a list in the Amsterdam area of geocaches with English translations on the page- link. Not quite Flevoland but I'm not moving to Holland until later this month, so it's my starting point. B)

Beyond that I've worked wonders with Google translate and a copy/paste of the cache page.

Hello together. :)

I hope I am right here in this Forum.

This weekend I am going to fly to Amsterdam and I would like to find a Geocache. The length of the track should be round about 5 km (i want to find it by bike) and on this tour I would like to see some interesting points. It should be a kind of sight seeing tour.

The problem is, i can not really imaging if i will see really must-seen points and I don't know the length of the track if i search on geocaching.com.

The biggest problem is, of course, I am german. I don't know your language. Google is not so perfect to translate it, I have seen.

Thank you for your help (I hope you can?). :)

Best regards, tenshi

There isn't a multi cache that takes you along the sightseeing sights in Amsterdam, so you'll have to make a route yourself to see the things you like and pick up some traditional along the way.

Caches might like to find on your bike tour:

GC198 Amsterdam Urban 1 (oldest in the Netherlands)

GCH623 kunst in een boom

GC1WHTP The Netherlands and GCKPYT 2C(5)- POINT (two caches at the same location)

GC2TJKV Secret door

These are caches I've found, but since my last visit there a lots of new traditionals, Amsterdam Trad's for instance, the owner of these caches has a bookmark list you might like: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=98a7bf8a-17b6-4807-b3d2-3610eaf03b69 .

I have a special request. I'm in an international gift exchange, and drew someone from the Netherlands! I'd like to send him hunting for a combination that is hidden under a trashcan, or a park bench, something like that, for a box I will send him with two books, and some candy in it. I need an insider, however..:D He lives in Alphen aan den rijn, and wondered if anyone was close, or a friend of theirs was, we could conspire! Legitimacy info by request, of course.

Anne

I have a special request. I'm in an international gift exchange, and drew someone from the Netherlands! I'd like to send him hunting for a combination that is hidden under a trashcan, or a park bench, something like that, for a box I will send him with two books, and some candy in it. I need an insider, however..:D He lives in Alphen aan den rijn, and wondered if anyone was close, or a friend of theirs was, we could conspire! Legitimacy info by request, of course.

Anne

Hi Anne,

What a nice idea. I am willing to hide the box for your friend.

If you are still interested you can contact me via my geocaching.com account (Brouwertjes)

Best wishes,

Eric

Do you have plans to visit the Netherlands and have some questions for the Dutch geocache community ? Are you looking for someone to join you on a cachetrip ? Do you want a translation of a cache listing. Looking for some must-have-done caches ? Use this topic to post all your questions to the Dutch geocache community.

Lijkt mij niet echt logisch, dat men Engelstalige vragen gaat stellen in een Nederlandstalig forum.

Volgens mij horen Engelstalige vragen m.b.t. Nederland thuis in het "Netherlands forum"...

Het oude "Netherlands forum" zal worden gesloten nadat alle topics zijn verplaatst naar het nieuwe Nederlandstalige forum. Om buitenlandse gasten van dienst te zijn hebben we dit draadje bovenaan in het eerste forum geplaatst.

Topzoekertje

Moderator van de Nederlandstalige Forums

Edited by topzoekertje

Waarom een apart draadje? We hebben toch de moderators om te bepalen of het iemand is die iets over Nederland wil vragen, maar de Nederlandse taal niet machtig is, of dat het iemand is die gewoon een algemene vraag stelt in het Engels.

Als het goed is kunnen moderators incorrect geplaatste vragen eenvoudigweg naar het passende forum verplaatsen.

Ik denk dat verkeerd geplaatste berichten in dit forum wel kunnen worden verplaatst. Andersom (berichten op een ander forum die hier horen) is moeilijker want de Nederlandse moderators zullen waarschijnlijk niet het gehele Groundspeak forum in de gaten kunnen houden.

Maar, zoals eerder gezegd, ik vind het gastvrije signaal van dit draadje het belangrijkste.

Er worden regelmatig verzoeken neergezet van geocachers die Nederland gaan bezoeken, een vertaling nodig hebben of een TB willen versturen.

In de oude topics die worden overgezet zijn deze verzoekjes al te vinden.

In een forum met meerdere subforums is het gewoon moeilijker voor anderstaligen om de weg te vinden.

Daarom leek het ons een aardig idee om dit topic te openen, als service aan buitenlandse geocachers.

Postjes uit eerdere topics worden hier ook in gezet, zodat we alles wat bundelen.

Het is even uitproberen of dit handig is en dit geldt voor andere topics, vastgezette draadjes en bundelingen eveneens.

Werken zaken niet, dan bekijken we of we een andere oplossing kunnen bedenken.