Webcam Caches

DARKSIDEDAN

‘"As it is known, it is not possible to publish a WebCam Cache today. We think this is unfair for players in regions where the WebCam Cache type is absent or outnumbered. We believe that this gap can be closed by starting a Reward event for this Geocache type as well.
Our expectation from Geocaching HQ is to start a WebCam Rewards event.’’
As you can see from the attached picture, WebCam Caches are only available in certain countries/regions. It does not exist in some regions or even some continents at all.
If you agree with us on this you can support us by sharing it with your Geocaching friends. You can also contribute to starting this event by sending a message to GeocachHQ 

Edited by DARKSIDEDAN
  • Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1

I can't imagine this happening. There's a very good reason why you can't require people to include their faces in their photos for Virtual Caches. Webcam caches, by nature, require you to include a photo of yourself. The alternative of a "personal caching item" isn't always possible:

BurrardCornwallWestApproach.jpg.5e8274f257d587f7b4108595fdf18267.jpg

"I didn't want to include my face so I decided to include my GPSr instead. It's only 1px big because the webcam image is grainy. Sorry. Look at where the arrow is pointing. Thanks for the Webcam."

Or, alternatively:

BurrardCornwallWestApproach.jpg.f91d672f43514b1d0f6062032aa7dc19.jpg

"See that person on the sidewalk? That's me. I pinky-promise that that's me. I swear. It's definitely me. In fact, you can't prove that it's not me so therefore it must be me. Ha! Thanks for the Webcam."

If you want to publish a "Webcam", the best way to do that is to use a Virtual Reward with an Webcam image option. Here was my photo for that one:

c40095c6-d127-497a-927d-b34955198161_l.jpg.d7077c20ab7e566dc379b7dcac4c283f.jpg

We didn't get the +1 Webcam in our statistics, but that's okay—it was just as fun as a real Webcam.

Edited by Hügh
  • Upvote 2
  • Funny 1

Also:

1 hour ago, DARKSIDEDAN said:

As it is known, it is not possible to publish a WebCam Cache today. We think this is unfair for players in regions where the WebCam Cache type is absent or outnumbered.

Geocaching is a game about finding plastic tupperware hidden in the woods (kind of.) I'm not sure what it is about the absence of not-tupperware that you feel is unfair.

Oh, and while I'm at it...

As it is known, it is not possible to publish a geocache with a hidden date of August 2000 today. I believe that this is unfair for players in regions where caches hidden in August of 2000 are absent; why should it be easier for players in the US and Sweden to complete their Jasmer? It's not fair. Hence Geocaching HQ should host a "Hidden in August 2000 Rewards" event...

Edited by Hügh
  • Upvote 1
  • Funny 5