Is it acceptable, regarding the Far Right threat in France and Europe, to add a quote against it on cache reports?

Pick

The day after the results of the elections in France, I added a quote on my cache reports saying: "We won't let history repeat itself - All united against Far Right".

Today I received a sharp e-mail asking me to remove that quote in order to keep politics away from Geocaching.

My argument is that as long as the cache doesn't have a commercial aspect, it's up to the owner of the cache to manage his cache report in a responsible way.

My motivation to add that quote was: were the drivers of the trains who led the Jews to the camps responsible for their death? I feel responsible for anything I do *or deliberately do NOT* against such a situation, and so should everyone.

I would be happy to discuss this matter with anyone to see if I'm totally wrong or if other geocachers have the same feeling as I do.

I agree that politics and religion should be kept out of Geocaching but people hold other opinions. I think there are only three people who should be concerned with a log entry:

1) Jeremy

2) The cache owner

3) The cache finder

If anyone not listed above complains about a log entry I make, I will consider their point of view* but most likely tell them to buzz off.

*Point of view considered in light of safety concerns or children viewing the cache listing but I'm normally pretty family oriented.

I like your point of view, Team Dragon, and in this case I'm the cache owner, and the slogan was not a log, it was in the cache report header.

btw, the e-mail I received was not from someone who had found my cache, nor from Jeremy icon_cool.gif

I like your point of view, Team Dragon, and in this case I'm the cache owner, and the slogan was not a log, it was in the cache report header.

btw, the e-mail I received was not from someone who had found my cache, nor from Jeremy icon_cool.gif