Reporting an Adventure lab

jisperveld

I tried to report an Adventure lab trough the app but I got an error message. Therfore I report it thru this forum.

I believe the Adventure lab "De Dommel in Eindhoven" doesn't meet the guidelines chapter 2.5 saying: 

"Set up your experience so all Locations can be visited within two (2) hours, ideally walkable."

This Adventure is 85 km long. The creator himself states that finishing this Adventure will take at least 1 day en probably even more.

Edited by jisperveld
  • Funny 1
13 minutes ago, jisperveld said:

I tried to report an Adventure lab trough the app but I got an error message. Therfore I report it thru this forum.

I believe the Adventure lab "De Dommel in Eindhoven" doesn't meet the guidelines chapter 2.5 saying: 

"Set up your experience so all Locations can be visited within two (2) hours, ideally walkable."

This Adventure is 85 km long. The creator himself states that finishing this Adventure will take at least 1 day en probably even more.

I'm not sure Groundspeak has an issue with this considering the time examples in their first post.

But maybe they do. 

No this is not right.

2.5 are no guidelines but tips. 

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=143&pgid=929

2.5. Adventure Lab tips

The Adventure Lab® platform can be a great way to expand geocaching. Each Adventure you create enables players to explore and learn through stories and interactive location-based experiences. In contrast to most geocache types, Adventures are virtual (without a container), can be indoors, and can be closer than 528ft/161m distance from other caches. This allows Adventure creators to innovate and test new ideas to make exploring even more fun!

Tips to create an enjoyable Adventure Lab experience: 

• Download the Adventure Lab® app and discover Adventures in your area. This may help you to decide how to make an enjoyable experience for others.
  • Choose an area that has strong cell phone coverage. This is essential for the app to work!
  • Set up your experience so all Locations can be visited within two (2) hours, ideally walkable.
  • Have a theme or tell a unique story.
  • Keep the questions simple. Let the location speak for itself.
  • If you would like to have a connection between your Adventure and Geocaching.com, you may place one optional Mystery Cache as a bonus cache for your Adventure. 
  • Test the Adventure before going live, or have a friend that is unfamiliar with the experience test it for you.
  • Share your Adventure. Let geocachers and non-geocachers experience your Adventure by sharing the unique URL or QR code with them.
  • Read the reviews from time to time to see if the Locations are safe or if they need to be updated.
Edited by Mausebiber
  • Helpful 1

Not all ALs are urban walking tours and that is good. Mine covers 10 miles and should take between 1 and 2 hours to complete. If you take time to explore, it could easily be longer. It's designed to be a mini road trip, not a quick +5. Length doesn't bother me as long as that is made clear up front in the description. I would rather spend several hours chasing down a nicely done AL, with lots of well researched and interesting locations than a 'fast five' whose stops include a nondescript bench and pics of their unrelated vacation.

I like a variety of ALs and I'm looking forward to completing some of the Lincoln HIghway Labs. Just because it's not your cup of tea doesn't mean it deserves to be reported. If you have concerns about the clarity of the description, I suggest you politely contact the CO before you report them to GS.

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1