Holiday Caches

boulist44

In my region of France (44) there are several caches placed by holiday visitors. Good as they are, who is responsible for their maintenance? I am concerned that we will finish up with a region of tatty wet plastic boxes. I thought that the rules for cache placing stated that holiday caches would not be accepted, whats gone wrong.

col

Bucks Bodgers, the guidelines prohibiting caches that one would be unable to maintain were posted in late March of this year. I (and I trust the other cache approvers) have tried to question those caches placed by those who live in other countries. If a geocacher replies that "my uncle Jules lives nearby and will act as cache guardian" I add that to the cache page.

Without knowing more specifics about the caches you're refering to I also can't be more specific. If there are any older caches placed by visitors that are badly in need of maintenance please post "should be archived" on the cache page. The admins will archive the cache if it is gone, or encourage the next finder to remove it, and then archive it.

Thanks for your help in preventing geolitter!

erik - geocaching.com admin