Strange behaviour of the website on the Palindrom day

AchWas-HN

Today on the Palindrom day I found a mystery and logged it. Even after some time no souvenir appeared. Therefore I deleted the log and logged again. This is what during earlier souvenir problems was recommended by Groundspeak.

But what happened? The souvenir still didn't appear. But I had another 900 meters on climbing the Everest. So my find was counted twice which is wrong.

Greetings     Achim (AchWas-HN)

1 hour ago, AchWas-HN said:

Today on the Palindrom day I found a mystery and logged it. Even after some time no souvenir appeared. Therefore I deleted the log and logged again. This is what during earlier souvenir problems was recommended by Groundspeak.

But what happened? The souvenir still didn't appear. But I had another 900 meters on climbing the Everest. So my find was counted twice which is wrong.

Greetings     Achim (AchWas-HN)

As TheVoytekBear stated, the 2-22-22 souvenir requires that you find two geocaches. One is not enough. And yes if you find a geocache, delete it, and log it again you will get double points for Reach the Peak. That has been documented since the program started. 

From the blog post:

Feelin’ lucky? A unique date like 2/22/22 doesn’t happen very often, let alone on a Twos-day!

With a date as rare as this, we’re feeling the luck and decided to double the fun with a new souvenir! Celebrate Deuces Wild by logging any two geocaches or Event Caches on Tuesday, February 22, 2022 to earn the souvenir.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 1