Found unknown cache in Nanaimo River Regional Park

mayaknife

A couple of weeks ago I found what appears to be a geocache just lying on the trail in Nanaimo River Regional Park, right where the water pipeline passes under the trail on its way to the river. It's a clear plastic container, about the size of a peanut butter jar, but with a blue plastic lid with a drinking spout. The entire thing is covered in green camo tape. Inside are the usual bits and pops along with a small plastic baggie containing the remains of small spiral bound notepad with a picture of two kittens on the front, and a pale blue rectangle coated with plastic. Everything has been heavily water damaged and there is no legible writing left, so I cannot tell which cache this is. There's no cache indicated at that spot on the map and the nearest one is at least a hundred meters away.

If this is your cache and you'd like it back, let me know. Otherwise I'll toss it in the garbage in a couple of weeks as the container is full of holes (looks like maybe a dog chewed on it) and no longer usable for a cache.